2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3901 5th Wheel Reviews on RV Insider (5)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3901 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Larry from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3901 View Listings

Bought our 3901FL in May '16. Master switch on furnace wouldn't let it run. Dealer fixed it after some bellyaching because we wouldn't haul it 2hrs for them to install a 4.00 item. Front cubby let water in around slam door frame. I sealed it myself before it got bad. 4' of trim wasnt screwed down around the rubber roof line on the rear of the coach. I fixed that myself after i noticed some decals beginning to bubble. The front cap leaked some water but it all stayed in the cap. I resealed the joint and fixed that. Allbin all, it's not been a bad coach for us. We've been full timing for 20yrs so I've come to expect more than most I guess. I wish the warranty and extended warranty didn't exclude roofs and floors though...those are bigvticket items in these 5th wheels.
- Larry, Florida

2020-01-17 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3901 View Listings

I fell in love with this RV and the floor plan. I have however had nothing but problems with this unit. The underbelly filled with water due to a grey tank not being connected correctly. It was winter, so it froze and destroyed wiring and heating pads. The fittings on the hot water blew apart, filling the under belly with water. after one road trip of 400 miles, several pieces of trim (walls and ceiling) worked loose due to not being properly fastened at the factory. It was Flex Tested and found to be outside the limits. Crown modeling was not cut correctly at the factory and had to be replaced. The kitchen slide wall has a huge square hole, that sunk into the side, delamination is what the called. The whole was had to be replaced. There is delamination all over the RV. the floor supporting the all in one washer/dryer fell through, after taking it apart it was found there were no center supports underneath it, and the edge supports were put together with staples that pulled apart. The bed supports were not cut to the correct length and causes the slide to move before the bed goes with it. The clear coat on the front cap has broken down and now requires repainting. The underbelly cover is nothing but cheap couragted plastic that has been replaced several times. Floor mounted heat registers are in holes that were cut too big, so the screws do not hold them in place. Stripped screws in the living room slide causes fuses to be blown anytime the slides were moved. The entire Cable/Sat wiring had to be rewired due to failure after the first road trip. I am truly disappointed in this unit. I purchased this brand new.... buyer beware of Prime Time and Forest River!!!
- Dustin Owens, Colorado

2018-06-21 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3901 View Listings

I live in my RV while working on the road and been doing this since 1999. I bought this Sanibel from dealer in Fl. had no problems with dealer. Here is a list of things that I have had or having go wrong and the RV is only 2 1/2 years old. 1) Roof leaked around A/C in living room, 2 Heater switch went out in the middle of winter, 3) Trim falling down, 4) Living room slide motors hade to be replaced, 5) Auto level control board had to be replaced, 6) water heater quite working on electric, 7) Roof leak in the slide, had to have floor replaced in slide. Did not know roof was leaking until floor about to fall out. 8) A/C in bedroom not working, 9) The front end cap is leaking and the paint is fading, 10) Toilet leaking, 11) 3 of the 4 factory tires on it has blown out causing damage, 12) window leaking in slide, 13) Leak around shower door, 14) Hydraulic hose to jack had be replaced, 15) Electric vents would not open or close. I repaired some of these items and the Dealer and Prime repaired some. Point is this RV is only 2 years old and it is falling apart. DO NOT BUY A PRIME TIME RV they are JUNK.
- Danny Cashwell, Georgia

2018-03-06 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3901 View Listings

Do not buy a Prime Time or Forest River RV. They are junk and even worse Forest River will not stand behind them. In reading reviews I see all the same problems I have with mine, slide dragging pealing the lanolium in kitchen, trim inside falling off, light fell off the ceiling on the way home from the dealer, brand new. The cheap tires they put on the rvs are junk so much so Goodyear won't even stand behind them. I blew one with 500 miles on it and destroyed the right side of the trailer. My unit has been in the shop waiting on a new floor for the slide since Nov 14 it's now March 6 and still no floor. 31/2 months qualifies for Texas Lemon Law and I am going for it. I have owned several rvs and none fell apart this quick or even at all, never blew a tire and never had problem with service. This unit has been a nightmare and so is Forest River to deal with.
- Timothy Martin, Texas

2016-09-10 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3901 View Listings

Let's see if have had this camper for 30 days now it is in the shop getting a new roof the camper and primetime have been great with warranty but the same thing happened to my trade which I only had for 6months which was also a 2016 lacrosse I just don't winer stand the quality control at the factory it's almost that they see problems and would rather handle it with warranty rather then fix it before it's delivered overall both are nice campers
- arthur rolle, Virginia