2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3801 5th Wheel Reviews on RV Insider (3)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3801 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Judy Hogan from New Mexico says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3801 View Listings

Brand new unit in June 2016, furnace went out in frigid weather over the holidays and everyone was closed for questions about how to get help. I did get in touch with Larry at Forest River. After some confusion we continued the repair with the repairman we called in who has association with Dometic/Atwood. His bill was for $800 and 6 hours of work. Which would be typical for this problem in Santa Fe, NM ( I checked with other repair shops). I submitted the bill for at least a reasonable amount of reimbursement. I was severely scolded by Larry and he even suggested I stop payment on the check I wrote the repairman!!! He said $300 was more reasonable for this job. OK. He also said he would be in contact with me after the first of the year. I contact him yesterday for an update after hearing nothing. Today I got a snotty message that they would reimburse $100 for the job, which was much more that what it should have cost. Seriously, $100 for even beginning to tear this furnace apart to find the problem. DO NOT buy from Forest River, or Prime Time MFG. I've gone back to our dealer General RV, who have been extremely supportive. These people are crooks and build a pathetic product and then even refuse to stand by their "warranty".
- Judy Hogan, New Mexico

2019-09-17 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3801 View Listings

Just got back from vacation. The RV has held up very well from the rough roads we experienced. My RAM 2500 has no problems pulling it. The Lippert hydraulic auto level system works so easy. Full hydraulic slides are smooth in and out.
- Steve Botschon , Texas

2019-06-19 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3801 View Listings

What initially sold us on this RV is the living space. It has all of the amenities of home. The quality of materials and construction is better than your average unit. It has the climate package with better insulation and heaters for the tanks. The suspension rides really well. I have no problem pulling it with my 2500 for the size of the unit. Storage is a plenty, which was important for full-timing. The extended warranty has taken care of any issues we have had, even covered items we didn't think they would. Very satisfied, overall, with this model.
- Steve Botschon, Texas