2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3701 5th Wheel Reviews on RV Insider (11)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3701 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Joelene from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3701R View Listings

My husband and I are first time RV's and were very excited to own our first 5th Wheel. To start with, the Sanibel 3701 layout is very cozy. That's why we bought it in March, 2016. We also listened to the salesman. He said Primetime Manufacturing had listened to their customers and wanted a superior product. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have been living in our, ahem, 3701 since June of this year. We are due to go up to dealer repair for warranty work that is needed. Unsure of how this warranty is going to work. Our list started out with a minor repair; the pantry door needs to be shaved. Now our list consists of 2 full pages of minor to potentially major repairs. Water leaking from the shower, we suspect, into the under belly of the trailer. Husband dumps a half of a 5 gallon bucket daily. The grey tank gets emptied every other day. The pipes are sealed so he's unsure where the water is coming from. The refrigerator has a clicking sound coming from it constantly. There is a filtered water dispenser which we can't use because of no water line. The clicking comes from the refrigerator looking for water. Primetime MFG says they don't put water lines in their products. Then why sell a filtered water residential refrigerator if it can't be used. We sure weren't told by dealer or the salesman about this. The stairs leading into the front of the trailer squeak. This is a new trailer. The floor in the bedroom in front of the closet/laundry closet is weak and squeaks as well. I feel I could fall through it. We have taken one trip in our trailer. Going up to our get away destination was a breeze. Very enjoyable. During our return back to San Antonio, the refrigerator slipped its screw causing linoleum damage. Can't find the screw. The refrigerator door handle is loose. Our theater seating also came loose causing the trim to pull away when we opened the slideouts, tweaking the recliner foot hold where it can't be closed. When we checked it, the piece of metal was all bent causing the screw to become loose. The leveling system is a failure. It is constantly slipping and will not hold on one side of the trailer. There are more issues with this trailer. Like I said earlier, 2 full pages of problems. We have talked to Primetime MFG several times. We bought it in north Texas so have to go up there for the warranty work. There is only one dealer in the San Antonio area that works on Primetime MFG and they aren't taking any warranty work. We are at fault for not researching Primetime MFG/Sanibel before buying. Just loved the floorplan and all the others were cookie cutters. But Primetime MFG, dealer, and the salesman are just as much at fault for marketing and selling an inferior product. I have to say, we would take cookie cutter now over this piece. You can see the lack of pride and ownership of construction on this trailer.
- Joelene, Texas

2020-06-19 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3701 View Listings

Beautiful RV with luxury livability. Tons of storage and pulls extremely well! Love the solid rims and fiberglass exterior. The bathroom is great, shower and toilet are almost residential quality! The kitchen IS residential and very usable.
- Charles Tuttle, Texas

2020-05-10 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3701 View Listings

The quality control at the factory is total junk! All screw heads holding it together are stripped. Can’t even cover nail holes worth a crap. TV backer spot in master bedroom was off by 6” based on sticker showing it. I had to rewrire the satellite/cable tv because they did wrong. 3 trips to dealer and paying for a mobile mechanic to fix the refrigerator. Will never recommend this manufacturer! At least have SOME pride in craftsmanship...
- Tyler Rogers, Oklahoma

2019-12-10 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3701 View Listings

Love my prime time Sanibel 3701.Everthing works great with no problem.Auto level is very nice to have and simple to operate.All the storage and cabinets are much needed and very much used.Almost everyone that checks out my Sanibel says wow this is very nice and they think it's a 100,000 fifth wheel.Ive had many campers but this one beats all the others.I bought this camper used with no warranty.Had to fix a couple things myself but all easy stuff since I have some tools on hand and a drill with a square drive.Demand pump would freeze up when down to 15degess so I disconnected from basement floor and remounted up one foot to main floor using same plumbing.Pump does not freeze up now and only took 45 min to do.The only thing I don't like is the noisy Atwood furnace,almost all Atwood's are super noisy so I'm going to replace it with a suburban sf35fq because it is nice and quiet.Well now it's time to head West in Prime Time style.
- Michael Lowe, Wisconsin

2017-07-03 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3701 View Listings

Very nice coach. We haven't got to use it much due to our health. Need to sell for payoff. We really love the 5th wheel and would recommend it to anyone. It is the residential model and is very comfortable with lots of space and drawers and cabinets. I love the one touch leveling. It has all led lights and that is nice too.
- Jim Briar, Florida

2017-06-27 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3701 View Listings

Where do I start? Bought this camper new in March 2016. Within the first year, I've had more problems than I can count. I will only mention the serious issues: Water collecting in lights in master bedroom, shorting out lights. This was just after towing 500 miles to SC. Dealer looked at when we returned and stated air condition condensation (BULL!) Did this again while sitting over the winter with NO air condition running. Obviously (doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out) water is intruding around the air conditioner on roof. Cable and satellite connections will not work properly, shower leaked into storage compartment with first shower, weld on slide broke after trip from SC and slide was stuck about 4 inches out when we got home. Had to have a mobile welder come out and repair as we couldn't even tow. Mobile welder said it was a crappy welding job from the factory. Now for our major issue!! A huge crack has developed from the roof down toward the dinette slide. The rain gutter is split with this crack. This isn't a small issue, it's a major design flaw folks! You can't put the weight they have in the rear of this RV and not expect to have frame/flex issues. The rear of this RV needs more support if you're going to put a residential refrigerator, stove and cabinets all on the tip end of this RV. IT WON'T WORK! Simple engineering will tell you... when you have to much weight on the rear end of any trailer, there is going to be more stress on the frame. This stress compounded with bad roads/interstates (bouncing) will only lead to issues such as ours. I wish I could include a picture of the crack that has developed to warn other consumers about this product. Obviously Primetime / Forrest River could care less about the quality coming out of their factories. 99% of RV issues could be solved with quality control checks.
- Greg Goff, Tennessee

2017-04-10 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3701 View Listings

we bought our unit fall of 2015 and it is a 2016 model .from our dealer, in saskatoon sk. canada. we done over 7000 miles with it , lived it for over 6 months with very little problems , had to tweak a few adjustments and a couple of repairs with full back up from our dealer and prime time mfg.with no problems what so ever. this is a great unit, tows excelent, it has been a joy to own , great trip to arizona and about. I don't know why so many are saying that they are no good , but for us and a few others we know and have talked to on our travels , we love it.
- GUY LEBLANC, Saskatchewan

2017-01-24 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3701 View Listings

Well, after living in our Sanibel 3701 Res for a year we discovered that not only ghastly our roof been leaking through the walls( which are now delaminating) our floors are saturated with water and literally rotten at all three slides! There are also rotten spots in the main flooring in the bedroom and kitchen! Our walls are actually coming apart from the amount of moisture! Don't know what will become of our trailer, we are taking it to the dealership on Friday!
- Aaron, Georgia

2016-11-01 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3701 View Listings

When my husband and I started looking at 5th wheels, our intent was to get a front living 5th wheel since this would be our home. But then we saw the Sanibel 3701 and we were hooked. Loved the kitchen in the rear, spacious living area and bedroom, and room to spread out if needed. We loved the showroom model. The salesman convinced us we could get it cheaper if we bought the one that was at the RV show. No problem. Wrong. Where to begin. The stairs squeak, the vent in the bathroom wouldn't close after 2 weeks, the rear airconditioner stopped working, the first time we took it on a trip, the refrigerator moved in transport and ripped the linoleum and loosened the refrigerator door, the pantry door was not made to allow for the carpeting underneath it, the fiberglass shower blistered before used, got rid of the cheap dura-leather furniture because it was uncomfortable, the duraleather theatre seating broke in transport (also on our first trip), the pendent lighting over the breakfast bar leaked like a sieve during a very hard rain, the shower pipes in the undercarriage leaked, fiberglass in the front of front blistered and cracked. Primetime claims it was impacted. We are still having to work with Prime Time Manufacturing to get this all approved. We took off a week from work to have the trailer taken in for repairs. The only thing fixed was the linoleum and the vent in the bathroom. Everything else needs to be done where we live per Prime Time Manufacturing. The quality and pride of workman and craftsmanship is very much lacking. After living in the Sanibel 3701 for the past few months, the imperfections show themselves. This is a RV builder that both my husband and I don't recommend. Make sure you stay away from the Sanibel and all of their other products.
- Joelene Barnett, Texas

2016-07-28 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3701 View Listings

Oh where to begin!! Came home 6 months ago water running out of the basement 8pm mid February , why not open the basement and unload it to dry it out after a 16 hour day. As a plumber for 15 years I won't even begin to list the problems with workmanship,a mix of materials that is just a leak waiting to happen.Already replaced the kitchen faucet during the first month, just finished tearing out and replacing the bath vanity and faucet,piece of crap leaking inside and swelled the plastic covered cardboard vanity top. Sewage smell in the house , I flush the holding tank every two weeks ,oh lucky me water running out of the underbelly.... Vent not connected to top of tank crawl under stairs and replumb the vent , not even close to being aligned. The cabinet quality is a whole other scratch my head and wonder why we paid so much for this. Warped doors cardboard covered trim no real wood in the place. Not to mention the workmanship..... I know it's a trailer ! But we have owned many and this is the poorest quality workmanship wise that I have ever encountered. We live in this full time , fell for the hype and story line from the dealer,live and learn. My suggestion , keep lookin ! We love the floorplan it's awesome for full time living, we are parked , haven't moved it since the day we brought it home ,not sure how many other problems we would have if we we actually traveling with it. If you are really considering buying a Prime Time product , make sure you have the time and patience for problems and repairs. Best of luck
- Mike Packer, Utah

2016-06-09 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3701 View Listings

After reading the reviews I had to post! We thought we flooded the camper but now we feel like manufacture defect!! Was never hooked up at factory. Flooded twice now with under belly full of water. Thought it was cracked tank but was never hooked up from factory. Same as everyone has posted looked for a year and loved the floor plan. I have never seen such poor workmanship and we are currently working with rv ser dept and sanibel on warranty. We have had the unit 10 months and have only stayed in it 19 nights and of those nights we had to use public facilities at campground
- Connie Hobbs, Florida