2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3601 5th Wheel Reviews on RV Insider (3)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3601 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Emily Whittington from West Virginia says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3601 View Listings

My husband and I were searching for a 5th wheel for better towing and more space. After searching for months we settled on the Sanibel 3601, the residential package as we are full timers. We were sold because the unit had a full time living warranty and it appeared so well made, boy were we wrong! I am currently sitting in the camper while two RV repair men put our gray tank for the bathroom and washer back in because it literally fell out on to the ground. When emptying the black tank we fill up the gray in order to flush the line, I went to pull the gray valve yesterday and boom the tank hit the ground. There was literally NOTHING holding this tank in except two clips and the plastic underpinning. Apparently the clips had worked loose on the road and the plastic was the only thing holding it. At this point we may have to get a new tank and have our shower removed to get the tank replaced. We have not even had this camper a year. In addition we have had a hydraulic leak, the motor die on the bedroom slide, a cabinet door that snaps in half every time we move, the front burner on the oven falls off because the threads are stripped, damage to slide moulding from moving, ceiling trim pulling from the ceiling, carpet unravelling on slides, bathroom sink was placed so close to the bowl you have to hold your hands against the back of the sink, and the black tank was not properly sealed so if it gets even half way full our camper smells of sewage. This is just a short list, but it goes on and on. We have two dogs and know home other than this fifth wheel so repair work is nearly impossible when we can't rally put it in the shop. I have called Primetime 3-4 times and left messages with no reply. I truly hate this because we loved the layout, looks, and livability, of this 5th wheel, but the workmanship is beyond poor. Do not waste your money!
- Emily Whittington, West Virginia

2019-10-29 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3601 View Listings

on 02/07/15 we ordered a custom built sanibel, from campers inn , kings mt, n.c. we had a new job in virginia beach, va starting 04/12/15 we got a call from the dealer about 7 days before we had to go to new job, that the rv was on the carrier and they would have it within a couple of days, a couple days later we got a call for dealer that the rv was lost they cannot fine it 2 days later they had a rv for and it was a 2016, rv came in, did not have queen bed in the king slide, had central vacuum did not want. told prime time refused to built what we wanted. it was supposed to have 4 season, as we are full timers, we do not have it, only three windows are winter. the doors have cracked wood, not the stove we wanted, wanted lane furniture, got franklin, which is seconds, material is coming off theater seats, foot release will not release the foot extension, dealer told us you have to live with it. franklin warranty starts the day it is made so we only had 5 months. the bathroom sink came in cracked and old dirty caulk. shower wall one half is unpolished and dull, mirrored doors have excessive glue on bottom bedroom has very little heat coming to it. ac unit in bed ceiling has a foot long piece of vent tape hanging loose,again we have to live with it. side widow is note snug in the wall lots of cold air comes in. we had rv 3 days and in virginia we had a heavy rain storm, water was coming for ac like a water fall, called mobile tech, he found the ac was jammed into the ceiling hole had a half in open hole no take or calk he had to remove and reset the ac rubber roof is full of air pockets, had to have it repainted 2 years ago. kitchen sink leaked, kitchenade refrig bottom door had a dent in it. drawers keep falling off rails, doors are not even, back wall doors when traveling open. have to tie them shut. now about 1 year ago we found the dinette floor sinking down apparently we have had a major leak from the entry door slide, which we never had known, it is going to cost us $11,000. to fix floor up to kitchen are is soft. we also ordered a 40 foot and we have a 43. a mobile tech told us this rv was sitting outside in a field for some time. all prime time says is it is out of warranty. Campers inn said we will fix it at your cost, we are new management and did not sell it , ever where we have gone gives us another excuse, too big, did not sell, wait list is 6 months. the reason the slide is floor is sinking is because the slide gasket is trimmed too short and not long enough, rv was 5 months old had to replace the read rv, storage in belly has had two major floods from faulty pipe installation, we have kept the middle area of the belly untouched so you see how they clean you new rv. ceiling vents were full of wood chips and sawdust, the dealer tried to change the king bed to a queen size bad job there too, while we were sleeping then the frame work caved it have so many more things wrong it not funny
- phil and gloria hurl, Florida

2018-07-05 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3601 View Listings

We purchased our 2016 3601 Prime Time RV in 2015 from Holiday World of Los Cruces NM. They delivered it to us because at the time we didn't have a vehicle that would tow it.We choose this model because it was listed as a residential and we live in it full time.When it was delivered I noticed that the rear of the RV had damage to the fiber glass and the ladder was severely damaged.Went inside after putting the slides out.The bedroom slide would only go halfway out.We found glass all through out the living room rug.Which explained why it took an extra 2 weeks for them to deliver it. The story the dealership spun was that their certified driver was out sick. I called the dealership about the damage and they accused me of it.Mean while we can barely get into the bathroom and the bedroom because of the slide problems.The dealership gave me the run around,etc.The battery was not being charged which caused the slide not to go out completely. I discovered this because every time the refrigerator would run I could smell wire burning.What I found was that the ground cables weren't even connected in the fuse box.So at this point I decided to check all of the wiring and not one wire through out the RV was even tight.After correcting the wiring and resetting the bedroom slide brain I was able to get it out mostly.First rain storm the dining slide roof was if there wasn't one.Found the gap between the roof and the outer wall was large enough to stick my hand in.I took care of that only to find that the window right there also leaks around the molding and the window doesn't open.Again I contacted the dealership and finally the General manager came out and took pictures of all of the problems but didn't inform the manufacturer of anything.The hydraulic jacks would pop all the time and I found all of the fittings loose.Needless to say we didn't get any help from the manufacturer and very little help from the dealership.There are many more problems with this RV and to many to list.When I got a tow vehicle I refused to take it in to my selling dealership for obvious reasons. I have made most of the repairs myself.Recently I found the floor below the window that has leaked is rotten and the manufacturer told me to piss up a rope. I would not recommend a Prime Time or Forest River product to my worst enemy.
- Gordon D. Aumick, New Mexico