2016 Prime Time Crusader 338RSK 5th Wheel Reviews on RV Insider (2)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2016 Prime Time Crusader 338RSK 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Philip Hoffman from Virginia says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Prime Time Crusader 338RSK View Listings

Overall I would rate this camper at a 2. Lets start with the simple things. I was going to change the stereo so that I could add my media server to the camper and found that the speakers were not wired in stereo, but instead were serially wired. My rear speakers are tied together and my front speakers are wired together. The only speakers wired properly were the outdoor speakers. During the very first camping trip the trim above the pushout in the kitchen area came off and landed on the countertop while driving down the road. Two small 18 gauge nails were all that was holding a 12' piece of trim on. During the next camping trip the same trim in the bedroom came off and landed on the bed. I finally removed all trim pieces and reinstalled properly. During this trip we also noticed a water leak from the rear air conditioner. We took it back to the dealer and they could not find anything wrong. During the next trip, it was leaking again. I climbed on the roof during a rainstorm and could see the lights inside of the camper through the AC housing. They had cut the hole too big and had not sealed all of the open holes in the air conditioner base. It was literally raining directly into the camper. I sealed all holes for both AC units during the next sunny day. No leaks since. 4 years into ownership and I have now re-installed all trims and seals around the push outs, they have all come off. I have replaced the floor under the dinette (they do not seal between the floor and the aluminum frame which allows water to enter at the seam and rot the floor). In addition they used very poor materials for the floor. I have replaced most of the plastic PEX fittings with metal and re-crimped because after about 1 year they all started to leak (I always use a regulator with gauge). In addition, I have removed the kitchen sink, resealed and reinstalled because it was falling down (wingnuts, really?). Twice I have had to climb on the roof of the camper and clean the thermostat connectors on the air conditioning units because they would not turn on. Whoever had the bright idea to put RJ phone connectors on the roof of a camper should be fired. We are dissatisfied with the heat in the unit. It is not balanced at all. Our bathroom will be 120 degrees while the living area will be 40 degrees. We recently installed new vents throughout the camper so that we can at least adjust the output airflow until I can get to the furnace and balance the output there. We recently had a blowout that destroyed a fender skirt, j-panel, and tore up the tarp like material above the tire well. Construction in this area is definitely poor, as if they never expected their Chinese tires to blow. My tires had just over 5K miles when this happened, and I had just checked pressures. Tire blew within 5 miles of my house. It was at this time that we discovered that our spare tire was a six lug rim, while the camper used 8 lug rims. Fortunately for us, the tire size was the same, and a person who stopped to help had a friend with a tire changer. I now carry a complete toolset with this camper to include a power drill, a driver drill, RV caulkings and caulking guns, and a complete PEX toolkit with fittings. You can buy a camper from Prime Time and Forest River if you want, but I never will again.
- Philip Hoffman, Virginia

2019-02-17 2016 Prime Time Crusader 338RSK View Listings

The problems started almost immediately when the trim above the push out fell off while driving on one of our first camping trips. A 12' piece of trim was held on with 4 trim nails. The next issue was when we discovered that the push out trim would hit the center island and it left a dent in the trim, and eventually rubbed off the finish. During a rainstorm we saw water leaking from the rear speaker and found that there were holes in the air conditioner mounting pan that had not been sealed. While I had the rear speaker out I realized that they had daisy chained the speakers together instead of connecting them individually. Two of the 4 leveling jacks have failed and we realized shortly after purchasing the camper that the wiring for two of the jacks were reversed which explained why I could never get it to autolevel. We also found several of the pex fittings under the camper leaking, and had to replace the plastic pex fittings with brass. The rubber seals around the push outs have all now been replaced, because the single screw holding them in place failed. We have had consistent heating issues because they did nothing to balance the flow of air through the vents. The bathroom heats to about 90 degrees, while the main living space will not get above 60 degrees. Now I am seeing the floor on the dining table pushout is starting to sag and separate. We don't use the dinette much, so this has to be a manufacturing issue. While camping at the beach last year our forward AC unit failed, we had to climb on the roof, clean the telephone connector for the unit, coat with dialectric grease and re-install to get the AC working again. I have to agree with everyone here that the quality is poor, the worksmanship is substandard, and the warranty process is non-existent. While I like the floorplan of this camper, I will NEVER buy another camper from this manufacturer.
- Mike Hoffman, Virginia