2016 Newmar Bay Star Class A - Gas Reviews on RV Insider (4)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2016 Newmar Bay Star Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

M Graves from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Newmar Bay Star 3004 View Listings

I love my Baystar. It is a unique floorplan with the full slide on the drivers side a kitchen slide and bedroom slide which is the problem I have had since purchasing it. The bottom goes out but the top does not. Before the controller went out I could push the out switch with the left hand and push the top with the right until it budged and slid out with the bottom. I live in this motorhome full-time and travel most of the year. No time for lengthy repairs. Hoping for the best at the factory.
- M Graves, Florida

2020-05-17 2016 Newmar Bay Star 3518 View Listings

We loved this RV. We traded in a 27 foot Class A for it. For full-timing this was perfect for us. As neither of us are handy, we wanted something easy to maintain. Gas worked well as it was quite a bit less expensive to maintain than diesel, even though climbing mountains was slower. We chose the Newmar as it was very highly rated in quality. We stayed in many Military RV campgrounds and barely noticed jets flying directly overhead. It stayed cool in hot weather and warm in cold weather. I wish the kitchen had more counter space as I love to cook, so that was a sacrifice. The king bed was exceptionally comfortable. Apart from some minor repairs, we've had no problems with this lovely girl. We are sorry to have to sell due to health reasons after only 3 years, and we can't imagine someone loving this RV as much as we do. I think this is a perfect time to sell as less people will want to fly or stay in hotels along the way.
- Edrye Doman, Arizona

2018-07-08 2016 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

Appreciate quality of design and build. Especially cabinets, and 4 season insulation. It is great to be able to call Newmar for support. Tows small car without even noticing. Floorplan super for 2 people, for example tv is across from couch. Less adaptable to 4 or more people, not having area to sit around and see each other.
- Steve Andersen, New York

2018-04-24 2016 Newmar Bay Star 3401 View Listings

We love the floor plan and when we were shopping this was the only manufacturer that offered it. Now several manufacturers offer a similar floor plan. We love the king bed, sofa and bathroom layout. This model also had the largest freshwater, black and gray tank capacity of any in it's class at the time we bought.. Driving and towing is fine. It's not a Ferrari or luxury car so you shouldn't expect it to ride nor handle like it's one. We also found in our research and shopping that Newmar is top quality among RV manufacturers. That being said I only gave 4 stars because I think all RV manufacturers could do a better job on overall quality. Newmar was great in honoring their warranty.. Only give 3 stars for warranty because it's only a one year warranty.
- James Saunders, Indiana