2016 Keystone Montana High Country 5th Wheel Reviews on RV Insider (11)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2016 Keystone Montana High Country 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Greg parham from Tennessee says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Keystone Montana High Country 374FL View Listings

Bought this Montana high country. Upgraded from a small Adirondack fifth wheel. Probably should have kept the old paid off one and dealt with it. We do full time. I travel with work. So it's our home on wheels !!! Since week one I have had problems. First the fridge it didn't keep cold stayed average 55 degrees and would bump on 33 occasionally but rare. Being wife is diabetic. Her insulin got tossed twice before I invested in a cooler bag to keep it safe. Needless to say complaint after complaint and being told it's not made for living in I yanked the junker out and installed a residential fridge. When I pulled it out the floor was molding and rotting investigating further as to why. The drain line was still zip tied to the back pouring water all over the space .... Duh. Well despite my chuckle at the lack of quality control it was thrown in my shed that's $4000. Out the window. Fridge works great now 450 Sears outlet. Then round 2. Shower pouring water on floor despite the doors closed. Investigating. Duh !! Door trac in backwards. Hint we drain the water back into the shower. That why one side is solid with no drains in it ... I fixed another blunder from quality control .... 3 gas leak. Haha. Every so often strong gas smell I searched everywhere checked everything. Wha...laa.... One night wifey poo cooking dinner shuts everything off and hours later she wipes down everything and blisters the crap out of her hand on the stove top. She calls me asking why the top is so hot and discolored. I investigate. Remove the top off and a nice blue fame still burning at the port connection. Again. These aren't built to live in full time. Hence the word recreational vehicle. I'm told. So insisting that I take it to my dealer. Hundreds of miles away. As always. I elect to have a service callous. Three times they replace the part. Still leaks so machinery on hand I export the stupid thing closed and kill the leak. Still on the horse for parts that are safe. So this weekend I pack up from the job and roll from Chattanooga Tn to Charlotte NC. Get all cozy and setup. Hah. Top of the trim over the bed laying on the bed. Just decided it was tired I guess and went to bed. I stuck that back up with the trusty nail gun I own just for the pieces falling off .... Hop on in the shower. Ahhhhh refreshing and then shave. Get all done shaving. Feeling good. Get dressed and walk out to the kitchen. To a swimming pool running from under the sink.... I think hum. What's this open it up and it's flooded. No pipes came undone. So last place I used water. Shower? Shave ? Go in the bath room and low and behold the bottom of the sink. Broken off the bowl. No here's what stumps me. The drains are slip joint. Lol they definitely didn't slip. It snapped the bottom of the sink slap off the bowl. Now I'm drying cabinets and walls to keep from snatching cabinetry out and replacing it ... Needless to say. Here's my thoughts. I love this stupid thing. Paid a ton for it. It's home. But it's a pile of s--t. Warranty. HAH get in line if you think for one second your gonna get anywhere on that. Keystone is a joke , I can't take my camper to a service center I live in it. Their comments are its not designed to live in. .... Well guess what. A lot of people do. I paid for the Montana package. Heavy duty insulation. Haha. My AC can't put a dent in keeping it cool. Improvise. Insulate the windows and black them out. The wiring can't handle the packages so trip breakers. Get used to it. The tv cabling. Lol. After I couldn't get anything I tore into that monster to find wires not connected. And grounding out so I just ran new ones direct. The recliner is 6 months old it's fit for the dumpster that's one on my list to toss. The tv sound system lol I need a hearing aid to hear it. I'm not hard of hearing though. ... I give the home a 4 star for design and comfort floor plan. I give the camper as a whole 3 stars. I like it even despite the gremlins. If your not handy or mechanically inclined. Your unit will be sitting at your dealer or other selected service centers. That's a promise .... That's 7 months ownership. Many many calls to keystone and others. I bought it off the lot nov 2015. It's a 2016 brand spanking new. I gave up on keystone standing behind their product and lost pretty much any hopes of them fixing anything so I probably voided all my warranties by fixing this piece of junk myself. But I build for a living as a general contractor so I know when my hands get in it its done right !!!! Have a wonderful day. And hope this helps anyone deciding to buy a camper. It's a recreational vehicle specifically designed for maybe 4 weekends a month use anymore your abusing the product. As they put it.
- Greg parham, Tennessee

2021-03-29 2016 Keystone Montana High Country 310RE View Listings

This model has been perfect for us! The upgrades we made allowed us to boondock a lot when traveling. The lithium batteries, solar and Victron converter were definitely worth the $$! We became pros at monitoring our battery usage and could easily stay off grid. We also loved the composting toilet! No dealing with black tanks or worrying when it was full. We loved being able to choose...do we want to be cramped into an RV parking lot, or do we want to park more remotely and be surrounded by nature! We stayed in our share of RV campgrounds, some great, some not so great, but we loved the option of not being forced to do so. The opposing slides give ample living space and the rear entertainment option adds so much more storage than rear living which is what we originally wanted. Also, at under 36 feet in length, we're able to get this rig into smaller and more compact parks. Another great feature is being able to access the bathroom, fridge and bed with all slides in. This was great when on the road - especially being able to use our own bathroom. Plus we'd pack lunches, pull over in a park and be able to retrieve our lunch. The only thing we would change, is the bathroom door is close to the stairs but we got used to it. There's only so much space in a rig under 36' long. Overall, if given the option, we'd make the same purchase again. We have been very happy with this rig! Re: factory warranty
- Teri, Florida

2020-10-12 2016 Keystone Montana High Country 375FL View Listings

We liked the floor plan. The biggest issue we had was the bedroom closet at the rear of the camper. One the first trip out any items placed on shelf fell off and the shelf dropped down due to lack of support. The clothes bar completely bent making it completely useless. I called keystone to report this design flaw and they took my information but never heard anything back from them. We reinforced all of the shelves and placed a center support for the top shelf. So far no issues with that any more. The front air conditioner did not cool down front part of camper and had to be taken to dealership for repair. The fireplace heater had to be replaced after just a year. There were no manuals provided for camper or lift system. I did have an issue with an error code on the lift system during a camping trip. Thank goodness I had tech person from dealer on speed dial. They were very knowledgeable and helpful.
- Johnnie O. Yother Jr., Georgia

2020-08-29 2016 Keystone Montana High Country 310RE View Listings

Junk.. high priced trash! Everything is poor quality and way under built. Please check the reviews.. NO 1 STARS!. A very bad review and that gets a 3 star rating? Someone is fudging the numbers . Pass on the Keystones.. junk..
- Jim h, California

2018-07-06 2016 Keystone Montana High Country 310RE View Listings

We started with a Coleman tent trailer, moved up to a Spree Lite and then finally upgraded to our dream 5th wheel. Unfortunately, this is not a dream rig. The craftsmanship of the wood work is extremely poor quality. We took it back and had the dealer do some repairs; however, 6 months later staples were popping and the putty used to cover up staples and screws has faded to a lighter color. Cabinetry peels easily around corners/edges. My cabinetry in Coleman & Spree were far superior. Lot's of cabinetry for storage, but I guessed the saved costs by only putting one shelf to separate top & bottem of cabinet. We have had to add shelves. Fridge is really not the best quality, doors do not shut easily and I have lost more than one batch of food. Until we used it, did not realize that the bathroom door is a pain in the neck. They have fixed this with 2018 model by implementing a pivot door. We have gone into dealer 3 x's asking to order the kit for pivot door, but no one get's back to us. Bathroom counter is covered in what appears to be contact paper (our fault for not noticing when we bought). Makes it interesting to use a curling iron. Top shelf in closet was not secured down, weight of clothes pulled shelf off while we were traveling. No backing to afix it to. My husband wedged a board under the shelf at each end to keep it up. Slide in living room does not go flush against wall, making it virtually impossible to open drawer. 1.5 inch gap. Dealer says this normal, all made this way. Funny the bedroom is flush. Also strange choice of trim at bottom of slide out makes it impossible to open cabinet door. The slide on the other side does not have this issue because they made trim flush. Faux backsplash keeps coming off wall and on one side they did not go all the way up to the top of cabinetry. If you buy a Keystone be very picky when you go through your walkthrough. Take a flashlight so you can see all the defects. As customers we are excited and don't notice the little things right away.
- Debbie Cartmill, California

2017-09-02 2016 Keystone Montana High Country 310RE View Listings

Had a little trouble beginning to use leveling system. Watched a uTube video and was simple. Now set up is a breeze. Tows good. Love Kingsize bed. Wanting a toy hauler. Love the kitchen. Haven't used extra bed. But as a couch it is comfy.
- Sheila Fletcher, Missouri

2017-08-06 2016 Keystone Montana High Country 305RL View Listings

This unit is by far the biggest piece of crap we have ever owned!! There have been so many problems I don't have the time or patience to list them all!!! I'm sure it was put together by kids with bubble gum! Keystone could care less about trying to help us and our dealer wasn't a whole lot better. We took the unit south last fall and two blinds fell off so we sat there in Yuma with blankets on the window of what was basically a new unit. There aren't words to describe how disgusting the panels on the fridge door are! We stupidly bought it at an RV show, I asked the salesman about the doors, he said oh it was because so many people had been through the unit and they would replace them which they did, however they failed to tell us it would be on our warranty for a unit we never even had off the lot!! They are a total embarrassment and cannot be cleaned, full of marks and scratches from just everyday use and the door has never shut properly either. The list goes on and on, we've only owned it for a little over a year and are in the process of replacing it with a Forest River product. If anyone is thinking of buying this unit or any Keystone product, please please think again!! It will be the biggest and most costly mistake you ever made! My blood boils everytime I think about this piece of junk!!!
- Ingrid Suitor, Alberta

2017-07-14 2016 Keystone Montana High Country 353RL View Listings

Purchased 2016 Montana High Country 353RL on March 31 ,2016. Experienced the slide issue where the refrigerator side of the slide is too low and peels up the floor register around November. Thinking it was just an adjustment needed we just removed the floor register to pull in the slide and put it back in the floor vent when we put the slide out. Took it in to dealer June 14, 2017 to have slide adjusted under my extended SAM's Club Warranty. Dealertold me it wasn't a slide adjustment but a manufacturing defect and contacted Keystone. Keystone denied the claim but under the "grace" of Keystone sent out Slide Slickers as a fix. Now we have to use the Slide Slickers (piece of plastic) to raise the part of the slide where the residential slide side to raise the slide high enough to clear the floor register. They told me sorry, it was out of warranty by 2.5 months. Manufacturing defect or not, they will not stand behind their product. I should have listened to the Jayco Dealer regarding the Jayco 2-year warranty. That would have killed 2 birds with one purchase; Keystone and the dealer. Just don't get me started about the dealer's pathetic service department! :) Anyone want to buy a perfectly maintained 2016 Montana High Country 353RL? I'll throw in the Keystone supplied slide slickers. Others buying a Keystone product should also go ahead and buy a $40 set of slide slickers for your $50K - $100K fifth wheel purchase...you are gonna need them down the road.
- Dave Spickard, Arkansas

2017-06-16 2016 Keystone Montana High Country 293RK View Listings

Love my Highcountry BUT! BEWARE of Keystone RV Products! My High Country has had more than 20+ repairs during the 1st year of warranty and the dealer had it 130+ days of my Warranty! THE BIGGEST KICKERS WERE my CRE3000 Axle Alignment system fasteners/bolts came out while traveling in Wyoming out of the mountains. Could have been KILLED! My rubber roof 17 months of ownership was leaking into kitchen from the air/return under the central A/C to find out at a service center that KEYSTONE sent me to had a 3in dia. piece of roofing missing with a screw hole in the center of it where the factory tried to install the A/C and missed the return. they never repaired it and sent the coach out of the factory to LazyDays of Florida where I purchased it and the problem. Now I am concerned about black mold growing inside my walls and roof. Lets add the list of problems the 1st 6 months of ownership: toilet not holding water, screw under capret infront of bed, 10' exterior siding blew off 1st day of taking it off the lot (factory missed most all the sheetmetal of panel to attach to the unit), bedroom closet lite not working, no hot water, pantry shelving collapsed, refrig. moulding falling off, DVD stops in the middle of EVERY movie, window shades broken (most every one) in the down position and would not retract, recliner broken and hardware fell off under chair, kitchen pip under sink leaked, fuse box clicking all the time intermittently, living front window seal leaks, table splitting down center, large slide sticks and does not align outside at bottom, large slide makes loud banging noise upon cycling in/out, TV in livingroom always fuzzy when hooked to cable, large awning is coming out of framing at rear of awning, stove top floats during travel, large slide frt top cable got slack and broke, livinging room sound bar not loud enough and beeps, weather strip on outside RH cubbie door came down, stablizer panel does not stop showing error messages (had to reset 3 times), battery started dying about 1 yr of ownership and will not hold charge. I have owned 2 Keystone products; this unit and a 2008 Keystone Fuzion Toy Hauler (great unit)... I wish Keystone would agree to buy this unit back thru Lemon Law... Owner Relations is a JOKE,,, nothing but the run around. I paid myself for the repair to my rubber roof, dead battery & recliner repairs (2nd repair). THEY DONT CARE.... DO NOT BUY KEYSTONE EVER!
- Kathy S, Florida

2017-05-28 2016 Keystone Montana High Country 375FL View Listings

I have owned my Montanna for a year now and is by Far the best rv that I have owned! Beautiful inside and out. Nice durable furrniture. Spacious bathroom with a awesome shower. Master bedroom with king size bed. Plenty of storage. I pull this beast with a f250 6.7 powerstroke and it pulls very nicely. I will definitely buy a Montanna again.
- Roy Henderson, Texas

2016-06-30 2016 Keystone Montana High Country 375FL View Listings

The absolute worst FW i have owned. I have had 2 other Montana's, an 02 and an 09 and now this POS 16. the wall was pulled apart by the slide, wall beam not welded properly, closet fell apart, recliner broken, roof coming off screws striped,moldings coming loose, sound system is terrible, window shades falling apart,A/C wired wrong,front thermostat runs rear A/C, rear thermostat runs front,shower faucet striped and leaking, I have seen better quality in a $4000 Coleman, but i paid substantially more. To say i'm disappointed, would be an under statement. It's So SAD. BEWARE!!!!
- Greg Streeter, South Dakota