2016 Keystone Montana 3820FK 5th Wheel Reviews on RV Insider (3)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2016 Keystone Montana 3820FK 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Ben from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Keystone Montana 3820FK View Listings

My wife and I bought this fiver last weekend overall the quality is pretty good as far as the interior and other things go but the quality of the frame and supporting hardware/ coating is horrible! Every single piece of hardware is corroded beyond believe I have twisted off more rusted heads of screws than I can count while dropping the undercover to install the waste master and it's storage bin and it's not even a year old! I love the floor play as does my wife but very displeased in their quality I will be spending the next several weekends redoing the entire underbelly with SS hardware for non structural applications and replacing hardware for structural followed by sealing everything after cleaning and rust converting.
- Ben, Texas

2017-08-13 2016 Keystone Montana 3820FK View Listings

This is by far the best camper we ever owned (we have had 7) its fit our needs perfectly and has plenty of storage all hook ups when we had an issue the deanship we bought from and Keystone have been very helpful in resolving our issue in a very timely manner
- Andrew Plona, Florida

2017-03-28 2016 Keystone Montana 3820FK View Listings

Improperly designed ducting and return system. Poor practices for materials chosen and prep work on surfaces to be painted. Corrosion set on a new RV. Ducting is too restrictive for suction side pressure to be relieved causing coffer dam to fill with water around evaporator coil and eventually overrun into return duct. One AC unit has dual coffer dams so it is not an issue the other has only one then dumps straight into the duct. When installing our waste master sewer system and storage box I noticed excessive frame and slide out corrosion that had set in on all hardware. So I planned to get it to where it "should have been" as a new 2016 RV. I began removing the coroplast underbelly to discover over a gallon of water that had collected on top of it began to dump out and expoused the inside of the frame rails rusted as well. While cleaning and prepping the frame to be repainted with undercoating I noticed several instances where it appeared that the frame was rusted and not cleaned prior to painting which kept the paint from actually sealing and protecting the metal. Also, when we were staying in the first week I noticed one of the tanks (Grey 2) was never indicating its level upon chasing the wires from the control box in the underbelly to the tanks I discovered that both grey tanks were wired to the same sensor line so I separated the lines and now they report independently. In attempts to fix the ac ducting issues I replaced all the output registers with 5" vents and still was prohibitive. While washing the Return filters I noticed that the holes that were cut were between 30-40% smaller than the open area available on the registers so in attempts to fix it I opened them up as well to match the oem registers things seemed to have helped but still not enough for the ac system to drain until it cycles off the fan. Other than that we love the RV and it's floor plan just wish shortcuts that were taken were avoided and done right I would have been willing to pay more for an RV that I knew was properly designed and used materials that would have adequately protected against corrosion.
- Ben, Texas