2016 Keystone Montana 3720RL 5th Wheel Reviews on RV Insider (5)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2016 Keystone Montana 3720RL 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Ken from Colorado says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Keystone Montana 3720RL View Listings

I love the floor plan, and I have the Legacy upgrade package which adds a lot to full time living. But overall finish quality of the unit is poor. I wish I had looked with a more critical eye, but it is my first rv and I was wowed by the bling. Whoever installed the finish trim should be fired, as they were nail happy but not very smart. And I guess the same person did the nail putty, as it is also poorly done. I also have white caulk covering up something, but the wall paper is beige. The riser on the stairs is coming off, since it wasn't nailed properly, and the finish is scuffed on the cherry treads. The fireplace won't shut off, so I have to turn off the breaker when I leave for work. The heated floor in the bathroom scorched the flooring, so I'm lucky I was home and smelled it before it burned me out. The control panel for the auto leveler went bad and it took 2 months to get a replacement. The tank heaters quit working entirely, so I'm lucky I'm in California for now. The hardware on the sliding closet doors won't allow the doors to close completely unless I force them. You have to manually light the oven on your knees as it doesn't have a starter like the stovetop. The VERY expensive 18 cu ft side by side fridge constantly frosts up. The slides leak cold air a lot, so you go through a lot of propane unless you buy an electric heater to subsidize the fireplace if you like to be warm. And of course I would have to pay to move my rv to a dealer and live in a hotel to get any of this fixed. I would look at another manufacturer if I was more informed. By the way, all of this has gone bad in the first 5 months of ownership.
- Ken, Colorado

2016-09-20 2016 Keystone Montana 3720RL View Listings

Almost 6 month with this Montana. I'm not a full timer, however if i was, I would look for something where intererior with more durable. the floor plan is very nice, but the qaulity of how they did the crown molding and trim is very very poor. Everytime that i move this, i have to take it back into to dealership to fix the moldings that are seperating and pulling away from the walls. And of course tthey try to fix; by putting more nails and putty...look horrible and shabby. The dinning room chairs are cheap, broke two of them. Wife 120 lb, broke right under her. The in command is a nice feature, but have to reset it all the time. However, if this in command goes out, you have know way to function the controls. With the incommad system you have to use your phone ro go to the panel to turn on certain lights, very diffucut at night time to turn on the lights. need more physical light switches. The swithces for the holding tanks for heat do not indcate if they are on or off. The thermostate control...what a joke...if you want to change the setting at nitght, you either have to use a flashlight, or use your phone for the in command to turn on all the hall light just see the thermostat...please put a backlight on the thermostate. There are so many more little things that could make this a excellent 5th wheel. If I was a full timer and Retired, considering all of these issues...the In command- thermostats and lightning.....I would choose something that has better interior qaulity and would not have the in command. But, on the good side, i do like the floor plan and tows great.
- Chris - Arizona, Arizona

2015-10-17 2016 Keystone Montana 3720RL View Listings

We have nothing but praise for this RV. The floor plan is outstanding. We ordered it with theater seating directly opposite the 48 inch TV. It was a pleasant surprise when we learned the seats of the theater seating are heated. The theater seating recliner's are also wall huggers. The furniture is very comfortable. The refrigerator is huge and more than adequate. We ordered it to be the RV model refrigerator, so if there's a power failure our food will still be OK. The stainless steel appliances are very attractive and easy to maintain. The large pantry is a plus. I would hope that Keystone would add more padding to the dining chairs, it seems to be somewhat insufficient. The all in one bathroom is perfect, it doesn't feel crowded at all. Overall the storage in this fifth wheel is more than adequate. There is plenty of room for clothing in the large closet. This is a very comfortable, livable and luxurious fifth wheel and we are very happy. With the suspension and more ride trailer hitch, towing is very smooth. We have recommended the Montana to our fellow RVers because it is a popular brand and so many are interested in upgrading their RVing experience.
- Carl, Arizona

2015-08-28 2016 Keystone Montana 3720RL View Listings

This is a great unit. We have added an extra air conditioner, fireplace. And the RV refrigerator is 18 ft.³. Love the floor plan and overall design. This unit is also called the Legacy Model.
- Susan, Montana

2015-08-25 2016 Keystone Montana 3720RL View Listings

Great floor plan. Love the automatic levelers. We have owned several Montana 5th wheel RVs and keep coming back. The layout is perfect for a full timer or as a full time home. The 18 cu. ft. refrigerator is more than adequate - love it and that all the appliances are all stainless steel. Wall Hugger theater seating with heated seats is great and very comfortable. The wood cabinets are very beautiful and durable. All of the lights are LED as is the outdoor lighting. No down side.
- Carl, Montana