2016 Keystone Hideout 26LHSWE Travel Trailer Reviews on RV Insider (2)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2016 Keystone Hideout 26LHSWE Travel Trailer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Robert from New Mexico says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Keystone Hideout 26LHSWE View Listings

Well to start off this Trailer had a great floor plan and we liked the features like the black tank flush clean out, we liked the central vacuum built in, also the correct trac suspension was a great feature. When we purchased the unit, I guess you don't notice all the things that were wrong with it until you actually use it, first thing we noticed was how horrible the workmanship was, poor construct ability like nothing is square around the doors, like the pantry and bathroom, the molding around front door coming off, the wallpaper throughout the unit was coming off, the underbelly was sagging and was not fully enclosed like was indicated, we purchased aluminum siding which I shouldn't have, I should of stuck with fiberglass, it just felt cheaper and it just moved a lot in the wind when being towed, like around the wheel well area, our first time out we were using the clean out which did not work. So we scheduled an appointment to take in and have all these issues fixed, which were corrected somewhat, the trailer spent about 3 and a half weeks there before we got it back, the weekend of the 4th of July we had a trip scheduled in Las Vegas Nevada which is an 8 to 9 hour trip, as we were towing we had to stop constantly and put molding around the tire fender kept coming off because was not put on correctly, we finally arrived in Las Vegas in an RV park with full hook ups to find out the electric heater did not work we had to use propane, also our couch was sinking in and we could not use the couch. Our air conditioner did work thank God but woul not shut down after reaching temp we would have to manually shut down. We have been plagued with problems from the start if I had known we were going to run into this much problems on a brand new unit I would of stayed with the unit we traded in, we owned another Keystone bullet different model, we absolutely had no problems with that unit which we owned for 3 years, that's why we went with Keystone again. In my opinion Keystone has gone down in quality and workmanship at least with this particular model. I would probably save yourself lots of grief and stay away from this particular model. By the way thank goodness our dealership where we purchased it has been awesome!!
- Robert, New Mexico

2017-10-26 2016 Keystone Hideout 26LHSWE View Listings

As with many of the other reviewers we really liked the layout and thought we were buying quality. As we started to look around we realized the poor workmanship throughout. The biggest issue is the siding on the driver side bowing out on the road. My understanding is that it is off of the brackets that hold it to the trailer. NOT COVERED by warranty after 1 year. The cost to repair is $800-$1500. The tire skirt also is continently coming loose and must be re-screwed every trip.
- Mark Giorgio, Utah