2016 Keystone Cougar 5th Wheel Reviews on RV Insider (13)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2016 Keystone Cougar 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Terry B from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Keystone Cougar 244RLS View Listings

Buyer beware, very nice unit , tows great but pray you do not have any warranty issues. They will approve fixing the nickel and dime defects you can expect in any RV. But if you encounter a costly defect you will be instructed to get you owners Manuel out and check the fine print. Case in point, I have a 10 month old 2016 cougar with a roof that is starting to ripple in the front and the factory adhesive over the joints has some cracks in it that allowed wind to create the ripples. The fine print says owners must inspect their roof every 90 days and apply a approved material to patch that bonds with factory mastic. Camping world recommends doing this once a year. Needless to say claim denied, keystone once again made sure they could pass off any defect that was costly to the consumer. If the manufacturer won't honor their warranty, don't waste money on an extended warranty.
- Terry B, California

2021-03-23 2016 Keystone Cougar 330RBK View Listings

We love this RV it has been great no problems to name love the bunkhouse and layout of living space and bedroom I pull it with Ram 2500 heavy duty with no problems like it's not even there we would definitely buy another Keystone
- Donnie Nation, Georgia

2019-10-01 2016 Keystone Cougar 333MKS View Listings

The Keystone Cougar 333MKS is an excellent 5th wheel. It is roomy and comfortable. The storage capacity is incredible. It has the full size shower with a seat. The living area is large with a full size couch and two full recliners. Windows are all the way around allowing plenty of natural light in. The kitchen is perfect with lots of storage. It tows easily and sets up quickly. All around perfect!
- Vaughn Boyman, Montana

2019-08-23 2016 Keystone Cougar 21RBS View Listings

Great RV. Love the flip up step into the storage area underneath. Toilet, shower, and sink are in separate areas. Kitchen is arranged nicely. Is a great length for National Parks. Have towed it to AZ, the Midwest, Canada, Yellowstone and Glacier NP. When not in use, has been undercover. Decided to go the motor home route instead of 5th wheel
- Connie, Washington

2019-08-21 2016 Keystone Cougar 333MKS View Listings

When we purchased the Rv we absolutely loved it! The layout is great and we own a 350 diesel so towing was easy! We did have some problems with a leaky shower which my husband had to actually fix! Fast forward to 3 years in and upon inspection of the roof my husband found a leaky roof where the seem comes together with the rubber roof meet! After my husband contacting the dealer they could have cared less! When my husband asked about the 12 year warranty they told him that was only for the actual roof so to caulk it himself!! 😳... we ended up calling Keystone directly and after talking with them they said the same thing! So now we have a leaky roof and a closet that the boards are all bubbled up from the water damage! Do not buy a Keystone! They could care less about customers.... Never will buy from them again! The seem is totally a part of the roof and should be under Warranty! Terrible customer service!!!
- Darbie Ross, Michigan

2018-11-09 2016 Keystone Cougar 327RES View Listings

My family and I bought this RV with the intentions of living in it while building new house. We decided to purchase a home instead of building a new one. This trailer is very very nice and comfortable!
- Donnie Pretty, Alabama

Verified Owner

2018-08-02 2016 Keystone Cougar 327RES View Listings

We love the spacious living area with opposing slides and the L sofa and reclining chairs.The Auto Leveling is awesome and the remote control to control the three slides and the awning and Auto Level is a great feature. The bedroom is spacious and the shower is very roomy with a big sky light. Having frame less windows on all three sides of the trailer lets in a lot of light and allows for great views in all directions. We just love it!
- Martin Senn, California

2018-06-17 2016 Keystone Cougar 326RDS View Listings

This unit has been one of the worst I’ve Ever owned. The roof leaks causing a Mold problem. In the first 6 months, the Furnace control board had to be replaced 4 times due to water leaking into the Furnace itself. 4 of the ceiling lights have Burned out. The control board on the Fridge just burned out. The tv died in the First year which I replaced. I would not recommend the purchase of This Rv. It has been a terrible investment.
- Michael Lenington , Oregon

2017-10-01 2016 Keystone Cougar 341RKI View Listings

When we were looking for a 5th wheel this one that we bought came in on the truck I fell in love with it love all the space inside but on the 1st trip we started having problems like our kitchen slide has a 1/4 inch drop it's on a cable system they said that how it is if they adjust it it would not seal so every time I want to cook I have to put something on the backside so it doesn't run to the back then we have had 2 bolts come through the floor they allowed a patch job which is now coming up and they are fighting with me about a repair job then our black tank gave way they are trying to say it was over filled and my comment was if it was over filled it would have come up through the toliet and flooded the rv so we have a 2016 5th wheel cougar that if we want to trade in we could because of all the issues I will never again in my life buy a Keystone or any of there products again
- Kerry Chamberlin , Washington

2017-09-18 2016 Keystone Cougar 327RES View Listings

We purchased this unit after 2 yrs of searching for the right 5th wheel. We chose the Cougar 327RES because the floor plan was similar to a Keystone Passport Elite 31RE(TT) we traded. We've made some changes inside that appealed to us. In the 2 seasons we've used it, it has been great! The unit is very roomy & lots of storage.
- J & C Kilroy, Ohio

2017-07-23 2016 Keystone Cougar 339BHS View Listings

This RV is perfect for families. It has a ton of space on the inside. The functionality of it is amazing. With 2 bathrooms and a large shower it adds to the functionality. Comes with so many little perks that makes camping feel like you are at home. It's got fireplaces, large TV's, and a big bunkhouse, with 2 slides, where the kids can have their own space. Everything in and about this RV are in brand new condition. You will love the layout of this RV.
- Kevin and Amy Perry, Texas

2017-03-22 2016 Keystone Cougar 244RLSWE View Listings

Having looked thru so many floor plans, we found this to fit our needs, but living in Colorado, they weren't selling the "west coast edition" here. We had to purchase it in Montana. So we put a down payment on the trailer and drove up there and purchased it. We did do some modifications. Installed a Fan-tastic Remote control fan in the bedroom ceiling (will probably install another in the kitchen area because it's so high) bought 2 6V golf cart batteries and some other small mods to make it ours of course. At the end of the summer camping season we were at 11 mile lake and the slide out started to give us trouble. Got home and couldn't bring the slide back in! Had to cut the underbelly open and use a wrench to manually crank it in, then took it to Camping World for the warranty repairs. Took 3 weeks but Keystone covered it. Turned out to be a "short in the wiring" they informed me. Glad we weren't full timing it. This so far is the biggest problem. There are a lot of small items, e.g., kitchen sink faucet leaked and bubbled up the counter top around it (I replaced the defective faucet) and there were a couple cabinet issues (pantry shelving fell down) but considering the time frame for warranty work, I opted to fix myself. Here's the deal...if you want a perfect camping trailer, it ain't gonna happen. There will always be problems when you expose any unit to an earthquake and a hurricane for 6 hours a day (towing at 70mph and bouncing on crappy roads) . Do that for weeks on end and... really, think about it. Due diligence people, don't buy anything without a ton of research. Anyway, we previously owned a Premier Bullet 19' by Keystone and had no problems at all, I mean NOTHING, that's why we stayed with Keystone. It's a crap shoot people. But I suggest you put your hands to work to fix the small stuff and prepare for weeks downtime for the big stuff. Overall we like the Cougar, and plan on dragging it around thousands of more miles. In one season we put 2500 miles on it.
- Matt Day, Colorado

2016-10-16 2016 Keystone Cougar 303RLS View Listings

buy anything even a tent but not this. our roof came lose at the top front seam and water leaked in lots of it and after a few days of warm weather we had mold in the walls,all thru the mattress the ceiling and rotted the board under the bed. and as other people have said Keystone say wow were sorry. finally got the lot we bought it from to fix it took 4 weeks and cost us over $1,000. they paid the rest. also not enough wall plugs inside. oh yes and the water lines under our kitchen sink came off and flooded the kitchen. all thru out this trailer is junk. we had a 1994 Alpenlite and it was 100 times better than this one. our neighbor down the road bought the same trailer ask him how he likes it he said he hates it and is going to sell it and take the loss.I could list other problems we've had but it would take to long. ours is for sale too
- Lucky Hall, California