2016 Keystone Cougar 244RLSWE 5th Wheel Reviews on RV Insider (1)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2016 Keystone Cougar 244RLSWE 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Matt Day from Colorado says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Keystone Cougar 244RLSWE View Listings

Having looked thru so many floor plans, we found this to fit our needs, but living in Colorado, they weren't selling the "west coast edition" here. We had to purchase it in Montana. So we put a down payment on the trailer and drove up there and purchased it. We did do some modifications. Installed a Fan-tastic Remote control fan in the bedroom ceiling (will probably install another in the kitchen area because it's so high) bought 2 6V golf cart batteries and some other small mods to make it ours of course. At the end of the summer camping season we were at 11 mile lake and the slide out started to give us trouble. Got home and couldn't bring the slide back in! Had to cut the underbelly open and use a wrench to manually crank it in, then took it to Camping World for the warranty repairs. Took 3 weeks but Keystone covered it. Turned out to be a "short in the wiring" they informed me. Glad we weren't full timing it. This so far is the biggest problem. There are a lot of small items, e.g., kitchen sink faucet leaked and bubbled up the counter top around it (I replaced the defective faucet) and there were a couple cabinet issues (pantry shelving fell down) but considering the time frame for warranty work, I opted to fix myself. Here's the deal...if you want a perfect camping trailer, it ain't gonna happen. There will always be problems when you expose any unit to an earthquake and a hurricane for 6 hours a day (towing at 70mph and bouncing on crappy roads) . Do that for weeks on end and... really, think about it. Due diligence people, don't buy anything without a ton of research. Anyway, we previously owned a Premier Bullet 19' by Keystone and had no problems at all, I mean NOTHING, that's why we stayed with Keystone. It's a crap shoot people. But I suggest you put your hands to work to fix the small stuff and prepare for weeks downtime for the big stuff. Overall we like the Cougar, and plan on dragging it around thousands of more miles. In one season we put 2500 miles on it.
- Matt Day, Colorado