2015 Venture RV Sonic 200VML Travel Trailers RVs Reviews (2)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2015 Venture RV Sonic 200VML Travel Trailers RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Stephen Baglietto from Florida says:

Have you owned any 2015 Venture RV Sonic 200VML Travel Trailers RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Venture RV Sonic 200VML View Listings

Venture Sonic Trailer has a niece layout, looks good and towing is great. That's about all because within the first year of ownership so many things went wrong with the trailer. I'LL start with the major problems first. The AC unit died on vacation and had to be replaced. Make sure you contact the manufacturer first for a repair authorization otherwise they will not pay for the ac unit to be replaced. Even if you're on vacation and kept the old unit. The battery box had no drain holes so the box filled with rain water and the battery shorted out. The rear bathroom wall started leaking rain water. Manufacturer advised they are aware of the leak due to they installed the rear red marker lights at the curve of the trailer wall so the lights can not seat properly. No recall was given by company. No local dealers would do warranty work for the leak so Venture RV wanted me to drive my trailer 4 hours to the dealer where I bought it so Venture RV could pick it up and return it to the factory for repairs. That was bad enough but the repairs would take over three months to complete. Venture RV would not offer a loaner trailer. When I asked Venture RV if the fix would be done correctly the agent for Venture RV said "The workers who do warranty work on the trailer are much better than the workers who built the trailer." The Agent was not kidding which shocked me! Upon opening the rear wall of the trailer it was discovered that horrible craftsmanship was done with wood debris, wire clippings and even "garbage", yes garbage from lunch someone had, inside the walls. Every single through-wall fixture on the trailer was leaking water due to inferior gaskets that were all cracked and leaking. Thor Industries who owns Venture RV ignored my many letters sent to all of them. They refused to answer my question of why my trailer was so badly made. Well I could not trust Venture RV to fix the trailer and instead paid for all expenses except for a wall panel, four pieces of molding and a new monitor panel I got Venture RV to send me to replace what was damaged. This was a very small gesture for everything that was wrong, what I had to go thru and their poor customer service. I would not recommend anyone purchasing a Sonic trailer from Venture RV, with out proof (if they can) that they have fixed these issues and also why they would not answer any letters sent to them. I could not write everything that was wrong with this trailer in this review, so I opened a blog at mysonictrailer.com to help consumers before purchasing a trailer and if they already own a trailer like mine.
- Stephen Baglietto, Florida

2017-07-08 2015 Venture RV Sonic 200VML View Listings

We previously owned a TADA. Enjoyed it immensely however my wife wanted something bigger and more livable. Based on advertising literature we selected a 19'Sonic by Venture. Nearest dealer was in Oregon who we found very difficult to deal with. We arrived on New Years Eve to decide if this is what we wanted. We agreed and purchased. Towed magnificently. Perfect floor plan. Lighting system perfect. All features worked well in the freezing temperatures. However, The first time we attempted to raise the window coverings the lower screws holding the blinds in place pulled out on all windows. Easy fix with super glue. Next, the first time we sat in the bench chair next to the door it failed completely. The small bracket securing the chair back was totally inadequate. Also an easy fix. Replaced the small bracket with a piano hinge and glued and reinforced the entire bench chair assembly. Now OK. Bed assembly wobbly, another easy fix. reinforced and installed lifts so we could access area under bed. Found large hole in floor under Kitchen sink allowing for plumbing access and freezing air. Another easy fix with insulating foam. After first trip found awning hardware pulling away from outside of trailer. Not so easy fix. Replaced all securing hardware with more substantial hardware. After first year outside covering at front has 3 distinct dents only a cosmetic issue at this time. Interior cabinetry just OK. Wiring for tank monitoring damn poor. Little fine wiring hanging down below axel broken. Not a hard fix however so poorly done initially it needs to be entirely replaced. Tank gauges totally inaccurate. Do not know if there is a solution. It would be nice if all controls were located in one convenient location. Water pump, water heater and water gauges in bathroom. Thermostat on wall, and Audio visual almost inaccessible behind TV. It appears that the Sonic by Venture will be an ongoing project.
- Bill Driscoll, Nevada