2015 Thor Motor Coach Windsport Class A - Gas Reviews on RV Insider (17)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2015 Thor Motor Coach Windsport Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Paul from Louisiana says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34F View Listings

Purchased 2/15. This is our 3rd motorcoach, and second "NEW" coach. My family is very satisfied with the overall quality of this coach. However, let me set the expectations of purchasing a new coach. These are mass produced units with little to NO Quality Control. ALL of my coaches have had issues. 3 different Manufacturers who use all identical components to build coaches are at the mercy of their supplier of the parts. USE your coach as frequently as possible the first year as to work the "BUGS" out and get them fixed under warranty repair. It may seem a bit of a hassle, however it beats paying out of pocket for something that should have been a warranty repair. Dealers usually do a basic quality check before delivery, so use the coach to identify those issue. Be sure your "DEALER" has satisfied customers before buying from them. Go talk to the customers in the service department and ask if they are happy with their purchase and service experience. This will usually reflect what you should expect once you purchase your coach. Remember, you get what you pay for! We love our floor plan and the features of our 2015 Windsport 34f. Fuel mileage averages 6.5-7.5mpg depending on speed and road conditions. The engine noise level is acceptable at 70mph and handles well. I had an alignment and tire balance check done before my 3800 mile summer trip. Best $$$ spent.
- Paul, Louisiana

2019-11-16 2015 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34J View Listings

I bought this rv in 2016 it looked real good when I got it ,but it didn't take long before it started to fall apart,first trip the frig. cooled good I mean real good it froze every thing in it,even on the warmest setting,I had to take it to two different repair shops to finally get it fixed.The thermostat was behind the insulation. Within a year the paint started to fade,and the decals were turning black it looks like when they were installed someone put there hands on the sticky part on the inside you can see finger prints and hand prints under the decal and they are turning black.The wood under the slide out is getting dry root and I live in southern Arizona,the screws that hold the trim on the elide out are rusted out. The generator also has problems,it shuts off with a code It was a power surge code and no one can seem to fix it. I have owned 3 motor homes and this one is the biggest piece of crap that I have ever owned.unfortunately I can't post any pics. If you want to see them e-mail me at rvrfsh@yahoo.com and I will send you some. Let me say in closing that I will never buy another Thor product.
- Clyde Aldrich, Arizona

2019-11-10 2015 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 27K View Listings

We have brought our Rv in three times for maintenance bed above driving seat coming down pantry door opening while driving and put whole in cupboard Scream door put dish on never worked took back second time still fish did not work plus back up camera didn’t work Third time made appointment and sat in lot four weeks never got into shop we advise we needed back in two weeks they said ok . They told us they were under staffed had no workers Answer to first visit fixed all except door wasn’t under warranty second visit visit bed broke again . Husband fixed circuit board for generator and now we have leak in roof and trying to get in before are extend warranty and it up in feb I will try to get before and pls pray we get them fix or we will pay someone els pls write back. Burlington wa
- Alvin smith, Washington

2019-04-14 2015 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 27K View Listings

I like that it is slightly less than 30 feet. It is long enough to live in for awhile but easy to take down the non-highway roads. The other-half likes the shower in the same room as the toilet and the sink. It has ample storage space. The one piece windshield gives you a nice, big, clear view as you are driving down the road or sitting in it "watching the world go by". The bedroom area is large enough to get around. I like the 2 way water heater.
- Kaeleen, Colorado

2019-01-08 2015 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34J View Listings

Overall when we call Thor they have been very helpful. A recent issue came up with the "pleather" on the couch, driver/passenger seats, and the dinette. We bought the coach new in 2015, and have had many enjoyable trips. During the last trip in November 2018, seemingly overnight, the pleather started to disintegrate. It is peeling and noticeable holes have appeared. Our coach is out of warranty, but we called Thor to see if they were aware of a wide-spread problem or manufacturer defects. We talked with several representatives and a supervisor over several days. Their repeated point was that the coach was out of warranty, and nothing could be done. Yes, that may be true, but there was never any expression of concern or sympathy about the problem we were having. I don't think we are the only ones having this problem. For this reason, I would never purchase a Thor product again.
- Melissa Kobel, Florida

2017-11-21 2015 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34J Bunkhouse View Listings

Bought this unit new. Problems from day 1 including gaps in floor covered up by the lino. Toilet sewer line is poor engineering so that it constantly plugs. Bunkhouse has pulled away from wall because they didn't use any nails or screws to hold it together. Overall, incredibly poor craftsmanship. They do not stand behind their product at all.
- jeff d, New York

2017-06-20 2015 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34F View Listings

this our third coach. we loved the floor plan with the ability to sleep our 8 adults and outside amenities. unfortunately the quality is the absolute worse. the level era never and I mean never work when we travel. they have been worked n 8 times between two dealers,. the stairs have stopped working for the 5th time. they have a mind of their own and go in and out when they feel like it. other issues have been plumbing leaks int the walls, heavy corrosion in the battery bay which has ruined the plumbing fixtures, the rear ladder fell off, a number of internal and external moldings have fallen off and the generator died the first year. thor has been useles in support and their craftsmanship is by far the worst I have ever experienced. some of our camping friends now joke at the piece of crap and what won't work on the coach when we travel together. don't by a thor coach until you test it out completely!!
- dee man, New York

2017-04-28 2015 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34E View Listings

Overall my family is very pleased with the Rv. It has taken us on many excursions and helped us make wonderful memories. The second bathroom has been a god-send. We have had up to 9 people staying in the motorhome for a week at a time and never really fought for bathroom time. As far as fit and finish... Thor could have spent more time in quality control and really put out a wonderful product. Unfortunately, they didn't and we among with many others have suffered through generator issues, radio issues and several other problems we all seem to share as Thor owners. Our dealer did their best to correct those issues but only after several attempts and many weeks in the shop were they even close to fixing everything wrong with the unit. Some of the fixes came from joining chat rooms and following advice from others with the same problems. I would give the Rv a 6 out of 10 out of the showroom and now an 8 out of 10 after spending many hours working on it.
- Tony, New York

2017-04-24 2015 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34E View Listings

We have thoroughly enjoyed this motorhome. We have had a tag-along, a class c motorhome, and now this one. We enjoy our traveling. The lay out of the motorhome is great. It has automatic leveling Jacks and 2 slideouts. It has 1 and half bathrooms. A big shower. We are getting older and want to get something smaller.
- Jones Manuel, North Carolina

2017-04-05 2015 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 27K View Listings

Woman's viewpoint of this rig & why we chose it! Comfortable floor plan. Tons of storage space. Neutral decor allows for personal touches. Handles nicely! Man's point of view of this rig & why we chose it! Wanted a different brand- but wife sold me on the storage & King size bed- Easily met requirements for entering national parks. Easy to drive & maneuver. Exterior Paint made it look gorgeous- well appointed with generous amount of storage. Automatic everything- just push a button!
- Vickie , Nevada

2017-03-23 2015 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34F View Listings

Wonderful floor plan. Big Ford V 10 handled the road. However, we had plenty of problems with the home part. In the end, after a year of frustration, THOR took the coach back to the factory, and finally fixed all of the problems.
- Thomas Lemon, Florida

2016-11-18 2015 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 32N View Listings

Ok after a long process getting to the correct people at Thor I can say we are all fixed now! Thanks to this site our Coach spent a month at Wakarusa Indiana the coach is better then new! John our tech met us at our coach early morning of October 31 2016 me being OCD I had stayed up and went over the coach and found more things wrong used post it notes and list to mark each item! John our tech was like now that will make my life easy we went thru each item one by one! Talked a few then he helped me unhook from there water and electric and off the coach went! Kim O' Brien service writer/Appointment Coordinator kept us advised weekly on status of coach! Kim contacted us to come up and pick the coach up on 11/10/2016 we were there bright and early met Kim in person said John would be with us in a few setting up our coach for a walk thru! 15 min later John escorted us to our coach we had around thirty items to get fixed John found way more then that and showed us everything that he did! All I can say if the coach would of been like this from the beginning I wouldn't of complained a bit! He went overboard every little item was like a competition to him to make it better! For example we bought our coach at the Hersey show and the shower floor was cracked by drain (dealer hid it with chaulk) also the walls were falling off ! John took out the whole shower and found that the pipe for drain was 3 inches to long and causing it to bind up against the drain and crack it! He put in a total new shower and caulked sealed all of it! My thing is I was in the Military for almost 30 years and I was know for my attention to detail so I was blown away at his work! Now for the question I have been asked since buying the coach? Would you buy from Thor again HELL YES! I wouldn't buy at a RV SHOW EVER AGAIN! And I will never deal with that dealer ever again! We researched for 2 years before buying a coach we were and still are newbies to this so we bought a mid range RV 2015 Windsport 32 n . We wanted a diesel pusher but wanted to take baby steps! We will keep this RV for a few years then move up to a THOR diesel pusher! Thanks to all the help from this site and all the customer service people at Thor in Indiana! SSG Jerry Elliott (retired)
- Jerry Elliott, Ohio

2016-07-07 2015 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34E View Listings

Had this MH since 9/15. It has been in shop 7 of those months. Loved the all wood drawers and inside storage. Have had a lot of issues with electrical, jacks, rattles, workmanship. Bedspread torn, Lining on privacy curtains in front rotted, Awning had to be fixed while on vac, batteries will not hold a charge. Dealer has been great but Thor not so much. I think if we buy another MH we would look at other makes first.
- Bob Smith, South Carolina

2016-04-06 2015 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34F View Listings

Very comfortable to travel in very roomy the outdoor kitchen is a lot of fun with the tv and surround sound the colors are real hoomy the layout is great the bedroom in the back with king bed has plenty of storage in side and out side
- ray faz, Pennsylvania

2016-01-30 2015 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34F View Listings

Great rv
- t fazio, Pennsylvania

2016-01-11 2015 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 32N View Listings

Bought at Hersey RV show late 2014 rv has 2000 miles on it! Almost all those miles were back and forth to shop! Picked rv front end was rattaling took to Ford they never tighten the bolts to the king pins down'! Overhead bed wouldn't go up square leaks all over RV! Just got back a month ago from dealer all fixed NOT! I bought this so I could travel once I retired only traveling I have done is to the shop! Junk!
- Jerry Elliott , New Jersey

2014-12-29 2015 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34J View Listings

Only have had the coach for a couple of months, but so far we love it. Easy to drive, easy to set up. No issues after taking delivery. So far quality and workmanship seem to be fine. Look forward to spring so we can really start to use it more.
- Kevin McDonald, New Jersey