2015 Thor Motor Coach Chateau Class C Reviews on RV Insider (9)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2015 Thor Motor Coach Chateau Class C RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Howard R. Shaw from Delaware says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 35SF View Listings

I have owned trailers, 5th wheels, class a pushers, and class c's for over 40 years. This is absolutely the worst rv that I have owned. It has been in and out of dealers since new, and back to the factory 4 times, and still not repaired correctly. Workmanship is terrible, quality is terrible, engineering is terrible. Customer service techs, one is good, 5 are lousy when you need their expertise(?). The electrical system is the worst, they can't find the problems with the inverter getting power, the quality and integrity of the cabinetry is terrible. The heating system is poorly designed, if it is cold out, the run to the rear bathroom is useless. I have repeatedly told them about the poor sealing on the slidouts. They do not see a problem, but you can see daylight in many places from inside. In cold weather, cold air comes in from every slide area. The shower leaked water from the drain, took 4 trips to factory repair for them to find the problem. Windows do not stay tight in heavy cross winds. Am rebuilding the cabinet that the fridge is in as the floor is breaking out now. The sliding door track fell out of the ceiling on the first trip. 3 screws held it up along with the door. A couple of trips later, the door itself fell down. We have never taken a trip without problems, and Thor needs to address these problems as the result is lousy resale values. Both the doors on the cab had fingerprints in the paint. My slideout awning came down in the back of the sleeper slideout. They re-attached it at factory, put new screws in at all different angles, never touched up scratches that the bracket caused on slideout. Thor will not allow the purchaser to pick your unit up at the plant. I believe they know that it will be back for repairs the following day. This is absolutely the worst rv that I have ever owned. And as backup, I have a list of other owners of like units, and we all are fed up with the lack of quality and customer response and service from Thor.
- Howard R. Shaw, Delaware

2018-10-10 2015 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 22E View Listings

The coach is very nice overall. When you buy it, there is nothing you would have to do except use it. Thor is very good on repair locations if need be. As long as you have something like AAA you will be fine should it be needed. The coach is comfortable in hot or cold weather , great for small family as I mentioned in the ad. Coach has great power and will tow around 5000lbs. So small trailer or ohv. I loved the ease of pulling or backing in to RV sites and Easy unhook to go to town for shopping. Very nice unit overall.
- Jeff, Arizona

2018-10-10 2015 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 22E View Listings

- Jeff, Arizona

2017-05-05 2015 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 24C View Listings

This is my second RV. I bought this 24c new. We travel to Arizona each year in addition to several other trips. We typically stay in our unit about 3 months per year. I am very satisfied with the quality & customer service. We had very few (and no major) defects that needed fixed when new. I can't think of any system/appliance that has not functioned properly. I would buy another Thor product.
- John, Ohio

2016-02-25 2015 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31L View Listings

I drove this baby cross country from NC to CA pulling my Ford Focus on all fours. With winds at 15 to 25 mph and trucks, this baby handled like a charm. I'm very pleased with it. The roominess came in handy when socializing and living in it for 30+ days. I owned a small Minnie Winnie back in the days so this was like travelling in a Rolls Royce, in comfort and in style. I love it! Had no problems with it! I'm glad I purchased this model because the counter space comes in handy. Stay tuned :-)
- Tikari, North Carolina

2015-10-01 2015 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W View Listings

We ordered this 2015 31W at the tampa florida RV super show in January 2015. We took delivery on March 28, 2015 here in Fort Myers, Florida. Motor home had 19 warranty issues, We called Thor Motor Coach Factory & we drove it back to the Factory in Elkhart Indiana on June 15th 2015. Spent 5 days at the Warranty department.. Thor fixed everthing & did a great job. We traveled all over the lower half of the united states this summer & had a great time with not one issue. We are already going to jump to a Class A Coach made by Thor. I am very happy with THOR quality.. Every Manufacture has problems, but I can attest THOR went out of their way to take care of the problems & make their customers happy,,,no regrets buying a THOR MOTOR COACH
- ALEX, Florida

2015-06-19 2015 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31L View Listings

I enjoy the amount of counter and walking space with this floor plan. This unit drives very well provided you monitor and keep tire pressure correct for the weight you're carrying; and you balance the load front/back and left/right. The more weight you have in this unit the less it's affected by 18 wheel trucks passing by. As a matter of fact I tow a small car on all fours and the Chateau is very stable while towing it.
- Tikari, North Carolina

2015-06-17 2015 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31L View Listings

Loved it! The living space is great for the price.
- Carl Lee, North Carolina

2014-12-15 2015 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 23U View Listings

Unit was delivered with 23 defects including four leaks (most frustrating), non-retracting electric awning, mis-wired remote door lock, mis-wired and improperly assembled TV antenna, split wood from drawer catches, loose flooring, trim separating, copper propane line rubbing a sharp edge and many others. Probably did not see QC at all. I repaired all except one defect. Compared to Winnebago, previously owned new, this coach is a quality nightmare. Dealer wasn't too helpful, but is that a surprise?
- James Paul, Florida