2015 Keystone Montana High Country 5th Wheel Reviews on RV Insider (16)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2015 Keystone Montana High Country 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Thomas from Missouri says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Keystone Montana High Country 305RL View Listings

When I bought this camper I was so excited that I forgot to really look it over, had problems with the storage doors rubing the LED lights on the awning are falling of we also have had the greasy substance coming out of are back A/C but it cleaned off The inside of the camper is great lots of storage we like the wood window shades only had one minor problem one of the table chairs didn't have the plywood on the bottom but that was an easy fix, We pull this fifth wheel with a 3/4 ton gas engine Chevy .Overall this is a good camper, In your excitement just spend the time to really look it over before taking delivery.
- Thomas, Missouri

2020-08-28 2015 Keystone Montana High Country 305RL View Listings

We have enjoyed this RV for 18 months. Very nice and comfortable. We don’t tow it it is parked on a permanent lot. Thought it was pricey but also believed it was high quality. We previously had a used one & loved it. Figured this one would well out last us! However, the veneer is peeling off the bathroom door and a trim strip has fallen off the living room slide out! Simply poor glueing and finishing nails not long enough. Of course 18 months into it it’s out of warranty! No help from keystone either. I would have thought a $72,000 RV certainly should not have had these issue’s already.
- Lisa Smoyer, Pennsylvania

2019-10-27 2015 Keystone Montana High Country 356BH View Listings

The Keystone Montana is a well-built, quality rv. I have lived in it full-time for 3 1/2 years, traveling all over the country. It is roomy and has lots of storage space. The bunkhouse provided the space needed for a second bedroom when the couch was made into a bed. That, along with the 1/2 bath, gave us the room we needed and made the floor plan an excellent choice for us. Keystone was very supportive, and responded in a helpful manner whenever we had a problem. I have thoroughly enjoyed my Keystone Montana experience and would recommend it to anyone.
- Patsy Litterst, Texas

2019-08-11 2015 Keystone Montana High Country 343RL View Listings

The floor plan is great and it tows nicely. I wash and wax my unit with high quality wax 2 or 3 times a year. I have endured many problems that were almost tolerable but the worst so far is the gel coat on the sides of the unit are fading terribly.When I wax it or buff it, it looks fairly nice for about 2 or 3 weeks then it goes back to the terrible faded look. I am going to contact Montana and the large company I purchased it from to see if they will help me with a solution. From what I have read, I am not optimistic. There is no way this unit should be fading the way it is. There must not have been any UV protection in their gel coat mix? I am very disappointed in how my unit looks especially with the care I have given it. I will keep you posted.
- Steve, Pennsylvania

2019-06-13 2015 Keystone Montana High Country 305RL View Listings

To Whom it May Concern: We have a 2015 High Country, Montana, 5th wheel,Trailer. We have been noticing for quite a while a noise coming from the slide on the drivers side. We thought it was normal noise since it was the larger slide. We noticed that you could see daylight where the slide closes to the wall. The slide worked find just the noise but there is damage to the wall where the slide rubbed on the wall. We took it to the dealer to have it checked. The body man at the shop said it looked like it could have been a factory problem. We have not used the trailer that much even though we purchased it in 2015. Upon the body man contacting Keystone our claim was denied due to the year we bought it. We took it upon ourself to call Keystone to see if Keystone could assist in any way. As if reading a script we were told the claim would not be reversed. We would only expect a company to just hear us out and listen. The conversation that we had with customer service is not service and is not how you deal with claims.
- Doris Mccutcheon, Oregon

2019-05-02 2015 Keystone Montana High Country 305RL View Listings

My slide outs are cable not as high end as grand junction slide outs. It appears to be separating from the frame where rubber sealant and screws are seen from the outside on the inside appears wall is caving in. ☹️
- Traci Overmyer, Texas

2019-04-26 2015 Keystone Montana High Country 358BH View Listings

Great unit, highly reccomend,sturdy liveable,built very well, tows smoothly,very useable,many extras,lots of storage,built very soundly, appliances are top notch, lighting is abundant, This unit is very roomy and useable.
- Robert, Colorado

2019-04-05 2015 Keystone Montana High Country 305RL View Listings

Have you ever heard the expression: You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear? Well, Keystone tried. Very poor manufacturing quality. 1/2 the wire in the breaker panel was NOT connected;they were in the breaker but not tightened thus, posinng a fire hazzard. The nose cone had stress cracks and had to be replaced after only 40 miles. The bed came off the wall because it was not attached to a stud or brace. When picked up from dealer there was damage to a reclining chair which dealer ignored after many conversatiions and promises to replace. The awninng tore after only one year, of coarse, it was now out of warrenty. The valences came off the wall because they were not attached to a stud or brace and a screw will NOT hold a 20 lb item to a 3/16th inch thick wall panel! This was during the first road trip of only 1000 miles. The decalls are shot out after only a year. If it was properly constructed using any common sense this would NOT occur.VERY DISAPPOINTED. RVIA, the Department of Consumer Affairs, Consumer Report and all my RV publications will be reported to as well as family, friends and our social media. I am a retired electrician and Maitainence Manager from a major chemical company. I also have decades of construction experience. This is simply poor workmanship.
- Harvey Holman, California

2019-01-14 2015 Keystone Montana High Country 305RL View Listings

The stud in kitchen wall next to slide was not properly installed. Cracked my wass, messed up the slide. $3600 repair Bill. Keystone only my paid $1000 of this. Manufacturer error, should cover total cost. Talked with a number if other montana owners with factory issues that are having trouble getting keystone to fix. They advertise great quality products but do not stand behind their work.
- Frances Harrington, Florida

2018-09-15 2015 Keystone Montana High Country 310RE View Listings

Bought the Montana brand new less than a year old had to replace slide motor gear box. The next year another slide motor gear box . And the bedroom slide started peeling the plastic under coating several attempts with Keystone was to no avail kept telling me it was a norco problem. Which has nothing to do with the slides!! Very disappointed in the trailer and keystone will not buy another keystone product!
- Brian McNeil, Montana

2018-07-01 2015 Keystone Montana High Country 340BH View Listings

We bought this RV for our family of four. We used it quite a lot, and actually lived in it for 8 months. PROS This is a well built RV. I love the smooth gelcoat exterior walls. and aluminum framed walls. It tows straight, and it is very well built. TONS of storage underneath, and the outside kitchen/fridge is very useful. CONS When the slides are in, you can access the master bedroom, bathroom, and half the refrigerator. However, you cannot access the dinette or back bedroom. Overall, this is an excellent unit. It is well built, and it has made some great family memories!
- Blain King, Tennessee

2017-09-03 2015 Keystone Montana High Country 343RL View Listings

Have owned this RV for 3 years. Super layout with lot's of counter space, cabinets allowing for very livable conditions. Unit has been basically, trouble free. The Keystone Montana brand, in my opinion is high quality, well made RV.
- David Lent, Michigan

2017-08-24 2015 Keystone Montana High Country 305RL View Listings

Following a disapointment with a Cougar we purchased a Montana High Country.It meets are needs completely now after adding a front AC. An on-going problem is with the kitchen slide, no one can fix in to deploy or return smoothly. Has anyone found a successful fix? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
- John Wallauch, California

2017-07-11 2015 Keystone Montana High Country 305RL View Listings

We love our High country it's been good to us except for a few minor things that the dealer took care of . I would buy Montana fifth wheel again . Only thing I suggest is that you buy with two air conditioners and slide toppers which I installed later. Thanks!
- James, Missouri

2016-10-02 2015 Keystone Montana High Country 293RK View Listings

2015 293RK. We've had this rig, our first 5th wheel, for a year now. Here's what we endured. Delivered with a crushed front drain pipe and missing undercarriage board. Chalked this up to something was hit when during the delivery trip to the dealer. Not noticed by the dealer. One drawer bottom was cut too short and did not fit into the drawer side channel resulting in collapsing and taking out the drawer below. Shelves in pantry collapsed as they were stapled with THREE staples over a 2 ft span. Also, stapled UP so they easily slid out. Weather stripping in three windows fell out. Shower door handles fell off. 2x4 cross support under the bed was cracked through and buckled. LCI 3.0 auto level has worked four times in a year. Dealer worked on it for days and contacted LCI for advice. Sent us on our way and WE contacted LCI who informed us the dealer never called back and the issue was voltage. Two batteries would not last 3 days dry camping and they died after four months. Short version: Defective converter. Tried to get in to nine dealers and none would see us as we didn't buy it 'there' Duh, we don't live in that state. Lost 14 fender screws as they simply back out. (Hint: put on a nylon nut and they will never comes loose). Standard equipment is "China Bomb" tires and one exploded at 35 mph exiting the freeway. Took out the fender and steps to the tune of $2700 in damage. Brochure lists the small couch as a hide a bed, but it's a storage couch only. Note: 2016 model 1.5 ft longer to accommodate the hide a bed. Funny to ask the salesperson "how do I open the bed?" and watch him rip it off the floor. Did know this before we bought. Keystone customer service is a lot of lip service. "Can't find a dealer to help you? I'll call them and set up an appointment" Only never to call us back. This only happened four times though. $18 LED light fixture went out while on the road with no phone service. Called first chance two weeks later. "sorry, you're out of warranty as of three days ago" NOTE: call the product manufacture....we found the lamps have a three year warranty. Slam latch doors: left side of both doors would not stay latched. Lock, pull...it's open. Outside of continuous headaches, we enjoy the rig when all is going well...not that often. Would I buy another? Hmmmmmm
- First Time 5th, California

2014-12-15 2015 Keystone Montana High Country 305RL View Listings

We bought this unit June, 2014. The level indicators do not represent accurate levels of actual tanks. There is no indicator for fresh water at all. Both a/c units had to be replaced. The L/R unit was draining grease like substance from A/C onto both sides of roof leaving permanent marks on roof. A/C manufacturer said they would not replace roof. Camping World Tech. said the sliding doors in the bedroom are the wrong ones for the closet. I talked to a rep. from Keystone and she would not try and help me with drawings or what should be on the Montana High Country, Model 305RL. I have it winterized and covered until I take it to get the new doors, which I think it already has the right doors. But, when covering the camper, I noticed what looks like a screw head under the roof. It has not torn the rubber roof yet, but this is a serious situation. The refrigerator didn't work on electricity. Problem was it wasn't plugged into a socket. The camper itself is roomy and enjoy it when everything is working.
- Kenny Dail, North Carolina