2015 Grand Design Solitude 5th Wheel Reviews on RV Insider (23)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2015 Grand Design Solitude 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

John Davis from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

Like most who own one of these rigs the layout and design is excellent. Where many including myself have issues is in the quality control. It does not exist. We have had ours for almost two years and are still having problems with electrical that should not be in a rig this expensive. I will say that Grand Design is still working with us to resolve these issues under warranty. Most of the delays have been on receiving the proper parts the first time ordered and take entirely to long to arrive at the dealer performing the work. It has cost us a lot of money out of pocket to stay in hotels while the RV is in the shop, which has been an all to often issue since we are full time and have no home to resort to at this time. If I had it to do all over again I would not purchase this brand of RV.
- John Davis, Texas

2020-03-20 2015 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

I own a 379 FL. It is a very livable trailer. The service that is given is the worst of any product that I have ever owned. The design of the slides is awful. There is no way to prevent leaks around the slide bars. Worst purchase that I ever made.
- John, Louisiana

2019-06-17 2015 Grand Design Solitude 379 FL View Listings

We love this 5th Wheel. The layout has been perfect. What few issues we have had the company has been great to address them. Would highly recommend Grand Design and this floorplan. I can't rate Towing ability because we've never left our permanent site with it.
- Terry Beadle, Wisconsin

2017-12-22 2015 Grand Design Solitude 320X View Listings

Quality and support and the sense of family with this brand of RV cannot be surpassed, great people, great support, and great qualities. The best thing about our unit is that it is the perfect length great for state/national parks and is extremely easy to tow.
- Andy Cook, Florida

2017-12-18 2015 Grand Design Solitude 379 FL View Listings

Don’t ever buy a used Grand Design. They completely screw you if you need any work done. Their quality is extremely bad. They may look nice but don’t look behind the curtain. You will find mistakes out the wazoo! We had water damage specifically from the Schwintek rail systems on all 3 of the slides that had them. When we took the floor out we saw the exact location it was coming in. CLEARLY a manufacturer error. I contacted their “best customer service ever” and they declined to help because we are the second owners. Of a 2 year old rig. 2 years old!! I shouldn’t have rotted out floors in a 2 year old rig. The couches are completely falling apart and again, I have seen they replaced other people’s couches doing the EXACT same thing, but nope. Won’t help us because we are second owners. Our awning was installed wrong (it is extremely noticeable) so it doesn’t roll in and our right. Also, the awning itself has shrunken by 5-6 inches. 2 years old. Again, Grand Design will not help us. Overall, we like the camper, but having Grand Design show you any respect for buying their product that is as much as a house, is complete bull. They will not help you if you buy a used rig. This will be THE LAST Grand Design we will ever buy.
- Rebecca, Florida

2017-12-10 2015 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

Within 2 months the rain sensor iver bed stopped working, tech saud they dont use them..really! 6 months shower door comes off, 1200 miles from dealer..they say bring it in, l cant as l am working 6 days a week.from 1st time pulling both front and rear doors had to be bungi corded shut necause tjey keep coming open on the highway.9 month into it the main door dampining rod pulls out of the siding.13 months into ot the fridge stops working. 17 months into it the left living room slid stops working,motor shot! 19 months into it and the toilet stops flushing correctly. 21 months into it and the furrion tv in the bed room goes black....I honestly bought tjis rv cause everyone said they were the best for fulltime living, boy was l a sucker! I have had used 10year old inits that held up better than this peice of crap! Please anyone reading this,look at something else and dont waist your money!
- Dennis hubbard, Oklahoma

2017-10-12 2015 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

Let me start out by saying I’m a journeyman lineman outside contractor, witch means I travel a lot so I live in my grand design 379fl.. the reasons I bought the grand design coach was because the way everyone talked up the warranty and customer service.. I also loved the floor plain I have had my coach since 2015 and I have traveled many highway miles with it. The second long trip I made I noticed the wood in the living room under the tv had cracked all the way across I took it in to a grand design dealer and they fixed it under warranty but I wasn’t sure that there wasnts a structural issue that made the board break I’n the first place, ( trailer flex)... they assured me that that was not the case and they jerry rigged the board by grinding the under side of it on the high spots,, well that jerry rigged fix lasted one trip not the next and now grand design won’t even try to fix it for me.. I truly believe that the structural integrity of the coach has been compromised and it’s flexing up there over the hitch is the reason that the board under the tv keeps breaking but they will do nothing
- Ethan daniel, Missouri

2017-08-02 2015 Grand Design Solitude 379 FL View Listings

There is much to love about our 2015 379FL: floor plan , design, living area, etc. Here is what to hate: After 2 summers, the upholstery on our recliners began to tear in the head area. Now the faux-leather is beginning to shred all over the chairs. And I do mean SHRED! Looks like someone took a knife and began slashing. The material is paper-thin, so not sure repair is even in the cards. We have not contacted Grand Design yet, so I can't speak to that. I did call them regarding a question we had early on and they never called me back..thus the 2star rating. I'm assuming we won't get much help as the warranty period is expired. On the Grand Design Forum, one person responded that the upholstery has been an issue, but our dealer said they have no complaints registered. I'm about to be the first, I guess.
- D. Bowden, Florida

2017-06-12 2015 Grand Design Solitude 325X View Listings

This rv would be perfect for some one to live in full time or for travel work. It's the perfect size for one person or a family. Tons of room and very luxurious. The floor plan is very open, it feels like an actually home instead of an rv
- Derek Griswold , Idaho

2017-04-20 2015 Grand Design Solitude 369RL View Listings

I love the floor plan but in the first 1.5 years we have 3 files about 2" each of warranty issues from major, complete hydraulic system replaced; leaking that cannot be resolved near fireplace to thermostat replaced, decals, furniture twice for recliners. I suspect we got a lemon but not protected in Canada from this. The minor stuff is numerous. It is suppose to be for extended stay but it is like a sieve. Sad as we bought new. Not worth the money. RV quality has gone down hill over the years in most brands from what I can see. We bought this brand because of reviews and what the owners promised re quality.
- Kathy, British Columbia

2017-04-09 2015 Grand Design Solitude 375RE View Listings

We bought this unit brand new. In walking through this model of the Solitude (375RE-R), we loved the defined separation between kitchen & living room along with the sliding glass door. What ultimately was the selling feature for us was the spacious pantry & stand alone island rather than an L-Shape. Having access to all sides of the island makes getting to the living room easier as well as getting to the dining table. The table & 4 chairs with storage under the seats makes for a very roomy dining experience even with 4 people. The side by side Norcold refrigerator/freezer are nice size as well. Unfortunately after 4 times camping quit working & a part needed replacing which I thought was rediculous since it was brand new. The TV has a nice picture but it's not a smart TV. There also is an entertainment center with DVD (not bluray) player & stereo. Very disappointed in this as well as the sound from the speakers. We ended up putting in our own sound system & a better TV. I know that may not be an issue for some but we do long term camping. The electric fireplace is a nice visual effects & does actually help take the chill out of the room. Another issue was the frame around it continually falling off. We like the tinted windows but wished they opened a bit more for a better breeze. We were very dissatisfied with the screens on the windows. They were not installed correctly and missing some of the parts to keep them in place or have a tight fit. This wasn't discovered until we went on our 1st trip and one screen fell off & then we were being eaten alive by mosquitos getting in through the gaps. The curtains are just hung by velcro, cheap There is ample seating & plenty of sleeping space with the two sides couches that face each other which turn into beds. Again, after the 3rd time using one of them, the frame busted & we can no longer use it for a bed. To replace the unit is over $1000. We do love the comfort of the Loveseat/recliner that faces the TV. They are supposed to be heated but ours never worked. I had a ceiling fan in a previous 5th wheel & loved it. I do miss that in this model. I find the kitchen has plenty of cabinet/counter space which I was happy about as I cook a lot. The double sink is great with the one side being big enough to clean my big stock pot. The steps going up to the bathroom are too steep & we find ourselves tripping up them. It would be nice to have a handrail. They also creak which is irritating. The size of the shower is decent as is the size of the bathroom sink although I do not like the vessel sink as I think it takes up too much valuable counter space. It's pretty but leaves water spots constantly so you have to wipe out the sink after every use. There is a mirror above the sink but it's very cheap, not even a frame. There is a very small side cabinet and another one that is almost non functional. I am 5'3" and can't see all the things on the shelves as the cabinets are mounted higher and the mirror is mounted so high I can only see to the top of my nose unless I stand on my toes. The bedroom is decent size & has the hookup for wadher/dryer in the closet but you loose so much closet space so we don't utilize that function. The closet size is fair. I say fair because if you hang clothes up, they totally block the use of the shelves behind them so in essence you loose closet space. Again, not a big deal if your a weekend camper, but extended stays, not good. The space under the bed is good but fortunately we don't have to get into it much because we had to buy a "real" home mattress to put on the bed as the one that came with it was absolutely useless & caused so much back pain. Lots of nice dresser space & a small TV in the bedroom which we upgraded because the TV was so small. I do wish there was a roof vent/fan but due to the air conditioning unit there's not one. Sometimes it's nice to have the roof vent on nights when its not really hot enough for air conditioning but you need a breeze. The outside of the 5th wheel is beautiful but the steps accessing the camper are too steep, there should be one more step. There are 2 air conditioning units which you definitely need & they do a great job. The furnace labors to heat the camper when using in really cold Temps & our 1st winter using it we had to have a limet switch replaced. Blower worked but no heat! Really bad when it was 14 out! For the list price of $84k it's visually appealing, but the craftsmanship leaves MUCH to be desired. We have trim pieces popping off, vents without all the screws, things not working after only 2 -4 uses. Another thing we had happen was, due to the way the slides come in on both the kitchen & the living room, you don't have access to check drawers before opening the slides. We double checked our drawers before transit, but when we opened the slides at our site, apparently 1 drawer in the kitchen & one in the living room popped open slightly but enough to catch on the slide as it was opening. We ceased opening as quickly as we could but not before the damage was done & it ripped off the drawer front & damaged one of the tracks. I contacted Grand Design about this but was told I had to contact my dealer who of course was going to charge me for the new drawers. As of right now I've still not replaced them. My overall feeling is that the camper is comfortable/spacious & for weekend camping great, but if you do any extended stays, the quality & craftsmanship is greatly lacking. Trying to get help to address my issues on this new unit was horrible. I personally would not buy another Grand Design unless there were more improvements in those two areas & their customer service.
- Jayne , Michigan

2017-01-24 2015 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

bought this as retirement home have had water leaks since I got it and now have recall that they don't have a service person to fix it. have had service on the water leaks until I sick of it and now they have to replace whole underbelly because wood panels are mold infested would not recommend this to anyone
- linda nixon, Indiana

2016-10-13 2015 Grand Design Solitude 365DEN View Listings

We have been fulltime in our 365Den for almost 2 years now, we have had very few, minor issues, all of them being with componets, such as the fireplace quitting, and the AC quitting, both of those items were taken of very quickly and efficiently, including overnight shipping of the AC unit! This is our 3rd RV and nowhere else have we had support like we do here, the other rvs also had issues, and it was a painful process with less than desirable results to get anything done via warranty, I ended up paying out of pocket for most items. Is Grand Design perfect? Maybe not, but in my opinion they are the very best in their class.
- Anthony D, Missouri

2016-10-13 2015 Grand Design Solitude 379 FL View Listings

I have owned various RVs since mid 1970s. The Grand Design Solitude is the most comfortable I have ever owned. The customer support is best I've experienced. The overall fit and finish is good. Quality is excellent
- L. C. Boyer, Florida

2016-10-13 2015 Grand Design Solitude 369RL View Listings

The day we brought it home we had our first issue. GD and our dealer (Spader's RV Sioux Falls SD) bent over backwards and took care of us right away. A few other small issues came up as well but Spader's again took care of us no questions asked. I would certainly buy GD again without hesitation. In fact, already envious of a few of the new floor plans.
- Tom N, Iowa

2016-06-18 2015 Grand Design Solitude 369RL View Listings

We ordered this RV with all the options but 2. I has a great floor plan and is easy to maintain. We had 1 issue with the Refrigerator quit. Took it to the Dealer, they replaced it under warranty. Has great storage and pulls down the highway very well. The self leveling jacks are great. All in all it is a very comfortable home. We had it with the Arctic package. That is wonderful also.
- Clayton Mills, Wyoming

2016-04-12 2015 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

We took a look at this 5th wheel in the Hudson Bend area off Lake Travis. Beautiful RV Resort. We couldn't believe the amount of upgrades it has. It even has a full size dishwasher. The condition is like it rolled of the showroom floor with the exceptions of a small scratch on the rear, which he had to point out to me to notice. Unfortunately it is just a little out of our price range or I would own it today. Its going to be hard to compare others to this one.
- Craig Nimtz, Arizona

2015-12-16 2015 Grand Design Solitude 369RL View Listings

I know based on the cost of this unit it is supposed to be high quality. I am very disappointed in the overall quality of this brand of 5th wheel. I have owned many different brands and styles and this one even though it looks nice from the outside has been nothing but trouble. I cannot begin to explain the problems that exist with this rig, but they range from simple details that should not exist to appliances that do not function correctly. Support is very very slow in coming, I have been waiting months for warranty work that needs to be performed. My advise is be very careful when looking at these RV's make sure you take your time and do a complete inspection of your rig and do not sign anything until all issues are resolved. Do not allow them to say that they checked the appliances so you don't need to. once you pull it off the lot it's your problem.
- TJ, Washington

2015-12-04 2015 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

RV was purchased for a short term living (under 4 months) and it more than exceeded my expectations! It is very roomy and has true living areas like a site built home. Best RV I have ever had. Extremely easy to pull with my F350 Dually. Highly recommend this model/make.
- Anise Golden Morper, Texas

2015-10-21 2015 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

As much as we love our 5th wheel, we have found the the craftsmanship is questionable. Our Solitude came with the "Residential Package" so we are living in it full time and have been for the last 6 months. Currently we have a shower door that leaks, dealer tells us it is a maintenance issue not covered under the warranty. the insulation in front behind the TV is pretty much laying on the ground not insulating. There are a few other items that aren't major issues. Had to have a few issues addressed and it took a while to get approval from Grand Design. Overall, we love the RV and floor plan just find the craftsmanship questionable.
- CLYDE MEADE, Arizona

2015-02-06 2015 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

Great rig, warm in cool weather, cool in hot weather.
- L C Boyer, Florida

2014-12-29 2015 Grand Design Solitude 379 FL View Listings

Great unit, above average construction and livability.
- Leonard Boyer, Florida

2014-12-17 2015 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

Well coming up on 4 weeks now, we live in it FT and we both LOVE it fells like a HOME,all the issues we have had have been minor. We would do it again,,:)
- Nelson York, California