2014 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 32N Class A - Gas Reviews on RV Insider (1)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2014 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 32N Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Frank R from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2014 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 32N View Listings

This was my first RV and I got it new so I was told that there might be some issues. Wow, where should I start. First of all the workmanship is very poor. I had only taken it out one time and the two drawers in the kitchen broke because when they were installed the installer used screws that were to large so it split the wood and the tracks came out. Finishing nails are seen all over the wood. Trim pieces around the entire coach is so poorly done. I wish I could post pictures of how bad the look. The front windshield leaked water. The canopy on the slide out ripped. The installer caulked the shower without vacuuming up the wood chips. I wish I could show a picture of how bad it looked with the wood chips and sawdust in the clear caulking. The motorized overhead bunk lowers crooked and is lower on one side by almost 3 inches. The HDMI cable to the rear TV in the bedroom was to short to plug into the TV and when an adapter to extend the cable was put in the HDMI didn't work. Did I mention the hydraulic jack in the front blew up on my first trip out. That was awesome it sprayed fluid all over the camp site. Oh and the AC wasn't working properly when I picked it up. I had to drive it back to be fixed. Those are the mechanical problem with it. As for the design I don't really like the windows, my friends and my parents RV have the sliding split windows that open so you get good air flow, these on the Thor Hurricane only pop out so the air flow is terrible and the room in the back only has one tiny window under the TV, miserable dry camping if you can't run the generator to get the AC to blow air back there. Just to add insult to injury the fold out air bed in the front had a hole in it. Well it took only three months to get the problems fixed,I finally had to call THOR corporate to complain to get the work moving faster. This RV has been in the shop longer then I have owned it. Dropped it off in early September, the 9th to be exact and just got it back December 17th. What a nightmare if anything else goes wrong, I'm getting a lawyer to help me with a lemon law claim. If your thinking about getting a THOR make sure you check it out carefully or you will be writing a sad review like mine! Gave Driving and Towing a single star since I have only had it out once.
- Frank R, California