2014 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22E Class C

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2014 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22E Class C RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Robert Schurr from West Virginia says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2014 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22E View Listings

This is our first motor home as we have been RVing for 30plus years in a 5th wheel, tag a long and cab over insert. I was impressed with the size as it is easy to drive, gets good fuel economy (11mpg average with Chevy engine)and is comfortable. It took three years to get all the “gigs” out of the house. Water leaks being the most problem. Had a leak in the wall from the shower and had to remove 5he entire shower assembly to discover there was a bad piece of water pipe that needed replaced. Fortunately I purchased the extended warrantee and it paid for the majority of the repairs, On one trip I got a check engine light, reduced engine power and could hardly drive the vehicle up a small grade. Fortunately for me there was a Commercial Chevy dealer near by and the problem was corrected after an overnight stay. It seems that a rain deflector that is not to be removed was missing and caused the main circuit panel to flood. It was obviously removed by Thor as Chevy would not remove it. Also there was no cover on the generator door causing it to overheat. Fortunately no damage was done other than a slight ripple on the inside of the compartment door. This RV was suppose to be inspected prior to leaving the factory and prior to being accepted at the dealership so I wonder if the inspectors knew what they were inspecting. Like a lot of other folks have mentioned, the interior is made out of particle board and at the slightest bit of water they get ruined. If they would spend a few dollars more and use wood where there is a possibility of water, it would save a lot or repair and time. As for Camping World, I can say that they took care of 5he problems and have no complaints about the service. It did take some time to get the repairs completed but they were always busy and their shop full. Now I noticed that there is some delamination taking place and it appears that the sidewalks are made poorly. I have had someone look into it and the only thing they think is that the sidewall lack sufficient glue. I check and reseal as necessary on a yearly basis so it is not because of poor preventive maintenance on the RV. The only thing must be shoddy workmanship. In conclusion, I would think twice about purchasing a Thor Freedom Elite motor home. As for Camping World, I think it depends on the actual dealership and where it is located. I purchased and had my RV serviced at Akron, Ohio Camping World!!
- Robert Schurr, West Virginia