2014 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.2 Class A - Gas Reviews on RV Insider (5)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2014 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.2 Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Mandie Horton from North Carolina says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2014 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.2 View Listings

Great floor plan, plenty of storage space. A pull out pantry and drawer in the steps come in handy. Easy to drive and maneuver and towing is effortless. Great PC workstation in the dash and the outside shower comes in handy when at the beach.
- Mandie Horton, North Carolina

2020-12-13 2014 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.2 View Listings

This RV has been great on all of our adventures. Weather were traveling 1000 miles away or going to the bay with friends on a picnic, she has always done well. The coach is very comfortable and the layout is one of the best we have seen. She has all the comforts of a one bedroom apartment and we have enjoyed the past 5 years with her.
- Eric, California

2020-11-19 2014 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.2 View Listings

I bought this RV used when it was one year old in 2015. What I can say good is I am comfortable in it (less a couple issues) and I really like the floor plan however, I have had nothing but problems. Nothing major like with the powertrain thank goodness. (Ford did well there so far) Like I saw in other reviews all of the furniture material is peeling off and there are little pieces scattered everywhere. I am constantly vacuuming up pieces all over the RV for years now. No warranty coverage. Very annoying. When you unlock the sliding glass windows the metal lock bracket pops off the glass window. This has happened to every sliding glass window in my RV. I have over the years fixed them myself which required a mallet and precision pounding to re-secure the bracket to the glass via a rubber gasket insert. I'm always afraid of breaking the window. Thank goodness I haven't but why do I need to keep dealing with this. Bad design. Many of the interior wood pieces are cut crooked so when fitted together during assembly there are ugly gaps that are permanently there. Some are quite noticeable. The engine air conditioner has now failed for the third time. The first 2 times I took it to the dealer and each time lasted that summer then failed the next. currently as I write this my engine ac is broke. (trying to assess if it's the Thor side or Ford side) Now that my warranty has expired I am learning how to troubleshoot it myself. The Macerator (disposal unit for waste) broke twice. Warranty fixed it the first time but the second time it broke I removed the system and disposed of it opting for the standard 3" sewer line. But the problem is, there is no sewer line going to the left side of the RV. So, I had to install from Home Depot 3" black PVC pipe from where the Macerator connected on the right side, and run it across the bottom of the RV to the left side where the shore connections are. Furthermore, the shower drain broke and drained all the shower water out onto the right rear tires. There are 2 heater ducts under the shower I had to cut to gain access to make repairs. Then I had to get adapters to reconnect them. Very difficult due to limited working space. The MBA fan on the circuit breaker panel failed so I had to work that issue (MBA shutting down due to overheat). Had to use a house fan blowing on the CB panel to get by. Screws falling out and in some places things that should have a screw in it don't. My RV must have been made on a Monday or Friday cause the workmanship is awful. No pride at all. In all the repairs I have done I notice the workmanship is very half-assed and I have to redo things to make them right. Some screws that are installed are put in extremely crooked which has made the parts they hold come loose. The slide out has gaps where the wood is not installed (no idea why that is) and doesn't seal when extended. So whenever I put the slide out out I have to cram foam stuffing into them so critters don't get in. Internal sliding door latches most have all failed so I have to put something against the doors so they don't slide open while driving. (A fix for another day) The front windshield curtain has completely flaked apart during the first year of ownership. I took the entire curtain assy and had it resewn with all new material. Warranty wouldn't cover it. Also, in the first year I owned the RV the toilet seal would not hold water so warranty did cover that but failure in less then 2 years? Also don't get me started on the handling of this thing on the road. I don't know enough about suspension but from day one it's white knuckled driving. The swaying and pulling on the steering is pretty scary at times. I could keep going on about all the issues I have with this RV. My extended warranty has expired and my RV is paid off so I will just keep making repairs as needed but, I would suggest to anyone looking to buy an RV, spend time doing your homework by checking reviews and talking to people about the best RV to buy. No RV is perfect but some are better then others. I had buyers remorse for almost a year regretting this purchase. I just can't believe all the issues that keep coming up. I bought the first thing I saw and it was a mistake. Lesson learned. If I ever buy another RV I will not buy another Thor EVER!
- John Stuart, Nevada

2019-01-01 2014 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.2 View Listings

Have taken this rig out on extended 3 month trips 3 times. And several small 1-2 week trips and weekend trips. Handles like an old truck but gets you down the road without any issues. Typical RV glitches initially but once you figure them out things went well. If you run between 55-65 it handles OK, never a problem going up and down mountains...just get in the slow lane and watch out for semi's coming up behind you. Can't be in a hurry with this rig. Easy to park and set up. Great Class A for state and national parks because of the length. No issues with the heating and AC so far. Found if I put a curtain between the front of the rig (driver's seat) and the back of the rig the AC worked fine driving down the road and kept us cool. Otherwise it was like a heat box. Has a huge windshield which was so nice. Great views as you drive down the road. Used a Blue OX towing system with a Jeep Sport Utility and did not notice a significant decrease in gas mileage. Towed easily. Only problem was getting the slide out cover fixed. Broke twice. Replaced the mattress with a sleep number, worked great. Not a lot of bedroom storage in this model (only 1 slide out. But wasn't a big issue. Shower was adequate, but we are not overweight people. Overall not a bad little RV esp if you want it for short excursions. Not comfortable for full time RVing, unless you are single. Good storage space.
- PW, Indiana

2018-09-30 2014 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.2 View Listings

OMG! So many problems. First trip out in Sept of 2015, the window covering fell off next to the table. We found there was only 1 staple in each window covering holding it up. Then the slide wouldn't go out. Needed a new motor. Replaced that and now it woun't slide out again. The AC wouldn't cool the bedroom as the vents were blocked. Outdoor shower under unit was broken. Plastic shavings in the water line. Heater needed replaced within a year. Leak under sink, been in to be fixed 3 times. The slide leaks ever time it rains. I would never buy this brand again!
- T White, Montana