2014 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.1 Class A - Gas Reviews on RV Insider (7)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2014 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.1 Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

David Good from Pennsylvania says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2014 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.1 View Listings

Bought New. I knew it was entry level going in, so it has not disappointed me. Drove it home 2500 miles from dealer. Got relaxed behind the wheel in about 2 hours. Small, niggling problems, quickly resolved. All major components, no problem. Gas mileage a little more than expected. Preparing to tow a car and carry a motorcycle and two bicycles. I would definitely buy another A.C.E.
- David Good, Pennsylvania

2020-12-09 2014 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.1 View Listings

We purchased our 2014 Thor ACE 27.1 in early October of this year from the second owner it had 18,000 miles. Overall this unit is the best value for the dollar for a couple or small family. My wife and I and two Yorkies just completed a 5200 mile, 40 day trip/adventure with absolutely no problems. We upgraded the KING bed mattress to a Dynasty 10 in memory foam mattress purchased on Amazon.(extremely comfortable) Well worth the $545 . I made the decision to add a "Safe T" steering stabilizer, had the front end aligned and had the steering box tweaked a little, to minimize wheel movement in crosswinds etc. These three items made a huge difference in driving. These adjustments were made after 2000 miles. Wow what a difference. If you are going to tow something this unit has the best power to weight ratio of any of the other larger units. I tweaked a couple of other minor items on the front seats, and windows but small tweaks are to be expected with any RV regardless of the manufacturer after all this is a large box rolling down the roads (not all interstates are smooth) which moves things around. All in all we are very pleased with the quality and performance of the Thor ACE 27.1.
- Mike, Ohio

2020-06-27 2014 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.1 View Listings

I purchased this RV used in 2014. It had about 8,000 miles on it and the price was right. We had a 34 foot and wanted to downsize with a king size bed and outside TV. This one has both. The quality seems poor because we have had several minor problems which has cost us since we had no factory warranty, however, when I contacted the factory they have been very helpful. I believe the overall quality is poor but I don't know if my problems stem form the first owner or if it a lemon. I have made several repairs which have improved my trust in this motor home. I will be happy to detail repairs if asked.
- George Berthon, Alabama

2017-04-08 2014 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.1 View Listings

I knew it was a entry level unit when i bought it,Jan 2014. So many quality issues on deliver like the heater didn't work (dash) nothing was tight screws bolts nuts inside trim, doors latches. window leaks, windshield was not installed correct, dealer had to replace it. electrical warranty has been a problem I am on my third disconnect solenoid and second set of batteries. The fiberglass gel coat or the lack of has oxidized (it is under a cover) I had to buff it out on the body, the slide is fine. All that was in the two years. Now oxidized again so now it needs it again.
- jim wybock, Arizona

2016-08-29 2014 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.1 View Listings

Truly a unique RV that brings much to the table for both new and seasoned RVers. ACE is known as an evolutionary motorhome and marries the practicality and family friendliness of a class C motorhome with the amenities and comfort of a class A motorhome. This motorhome is easy to use and maneuvers well on the open road and parks. Set up is a breeze; it usually only took me 10 to 15 minutes to set up once we reach our destination. The king size bed was a huge plus always waking up refreshed ready to take on the days adventures. This has been a good motorhome for our family.
- Steven, Texas

2015-09-10 2014 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.1 View Listings

Set up nice for a couple. king size bed, nice interior, extra sleeping over driver and additional sleeping In dinning area. 3 tv's , bedroom , main interior and outside under awning. We did upgrade the suspension with heavy duty springs. Looks great and has plenty of power for towing. We tow a 97 Jeep Wrangler with no problems.
- Vince Ekman, Idaho

2014-12-29 2014 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.1 View Listings

Traveled to west coast, learned a lot, no remorse.
- David Lemley, Ohio