2014 Prime Time Crusader 5th Wheel

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2014 Prime Time Crusader 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Dennis from New York says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2014 Prime Time Crusader 295RST View Listings

I was impressed with the quality of the overall workmanship. The 5th wheel has an efficient layout. There is abundant storage both inside and out. The interior is nicely decorated and actually quite comfortable. The large windows bring in plenty of natural light and great views. I did have to add my own wall clock in the main living area and installed my own flatscreen TV in the bedroom. The bedroom entertainment system does not shutdown with the battery disconnect. This can lead to low battery amperage. The heating and air-conditioning work well. I like having individual gray tanks for the kitchen and bathroom. It tows very well and has very good turning radius. The exterior gel coat keeps the unit clean and shiny. This is our forth camper and we have been very happy with the operation and performance of our Prime Time Crusader Touring Edition.
- Dennis, New York

2020-11-24 2014 Prime Time Crusader 295RST View Listings

I bought a one owner used 2014 Prime Time 295RST in October 2019 from General RV in Draper, Utah. I am actually very pleased with this purchase. The RV was in their shop and had full hookups at the time I did my final inspection. Their asking price was only slightly above the KBB price and I was able to negotiate to under slightly less. Afterward they replaced the 2014 manufacture year tires at no additional cost. I purchased the Andersen Ultimate hitch for towing, and when I showed up they installed the conversion on the king pin for me, at no cost. This RV was actually manufactured in late 2013, hence the 2014 model year. I had read that Prime Time, which was founded in 2009, had very good quality builds in the early years leading up to Forest River buying them out, and that quality has since declined. Our RV shows very good quality. Nothing separating, torn, or loose - inside or out. All of the 120v electrical outlets worked fine when tested. All of the running lights work fine. I did go through and replace everything with LED lights. All of the slides work properly and provide expansive space and storage. The automatic awning works well, but the fabric will need replacing at some point. I did an environmentally safe chlorine wash and used awning tape to repair some worn points. All propane tanks and connections work fine. All holding tanks work and drain well. All of the water and power hookups work well. I did a deep clean on the exterior grill which was heavily used (so we know this RV must have been well used) and it looked like new afterwards. The included mattress is comfortable and even more so after adding a 3" natural foam topper. The theater seating and fold out loveseat are both in great condition (almost like they were never used). The dining table and chairs are also in great condition. The stove, oven, microwave, sound bar and fireplace are all in great working condition. I did replace the TV with a smart TV. The stereo system and all interior/exterior speakers work. The water heater works great and provides hot water in about 30 minutes, it is aluminum so it doesn't need an anode. The toilet is porcelain and works well. The shower is adequately sized but there is no built in seat, so we bought a shower stool. All of the original window coverings are in like new condition and are day/night shades. The pass through storage is not as tall as some but very adequate for all our storage needs. The exterior looks like new, all except the decal at the top of the front end cap which is cracked and faded. That is a known issue but doesn't bother me enough to go have it painted, yet that is. The leaf springs are probably under rated for this 8700 lbs. dry weight 5th wheel. I noticed some sway when towing, so I took it to a shop and upgraded to 6-leaf springs with a 2" spacer block to raise the trailer about 3" total. This brought it closer in line with my Dodge 2500 that has a leveling kit. The auto-leveling system is questionable and will raise the tires off the ground while leveling. Not a real concern for me because I always manually level using the mode selections on the unit. The Dicor on the roof had some minor cracking so I resealed everything upon purchase. The roof covering was in excellent condition. There were no signs of any water leakage and there has been none since buying. The water pump went out after my purchase. It was working fine, then during a prep the next spring for a camping trip it quit. Purchased a newer and better pump but removing the old (and original pump) was a hassle because the pump is behind the pass through storage wall. And the water heater bypass and shutoff valves are behind the pump and even harder to reach. The Thermostat is not working correctly, as the AC never turns off at the desired temp setting. Not sure if the heat does the same. But both work fine when turned on. I do like the recessed ceiling vents and that the heat vents are all in the flooring. Not an issue this summer as most of our camping only required the vent fan or short periods of cooling/heating. I plan to replace it this coming spring. Our RV came with a frame welded tow hitch installed, and surmising that the previous owner was into towing I checked the frame and welds and found no issues. The underbelly covering was cut away where the hitch was welded, but I patched the cut out areas. The remainder of the underbelly skirt is in good condition. We have towed an Aluma trailer with Polaris touring ATV, weighing about 1300 lbs combined and have had no issues of any kind. I installed a battery cutoff switch at the positive lead before it goes into the camper wiring because the RV cutoff switch does not cutoff all power, such as the auto-jacks and bedroom stereo system. The original single battery box hung down below the front storage compartment through a cutout. I reconfigured with a dual battery box inside the compartment.
- Bob Jones, Utah

2019-08-16 2014 Prime Time Crusader 351REQ View Listings

Great product value for the price point. One 'major' (rear window replacement) and several minor repairs required under warranty within the first few months. All were handled as expected through dealer and Forest River. This floor plan is awesome for a couple, with large living/kitchen area, super sized washroom for changing clothes and getting 'ready'! Ideal for full time travel! Quick setup with the auto leveling!
- Malcolm, Oregon

2019-05-22 2014 Prime Time Crusader 285RET View Listings

My family thoroughly enjoyed the 5th wheel. Plenty of storage and the outdoor kitchen is a fantastic option. Cooking breakfast outside without waking up the family was priceless. Having the outdoor fridge also makes it convenient to grab a beverage without tracking in and out of the trailer.
- Joe Jezioro , New York

2018-05-23 2014 Prime Time Crusader 325RES View Listings

Bought this unit in September 1914, and to date , we are more than pleased with all it's specs. Our only problem is ,we bought it at dealer and stored it that week for 9months. We have since returned in 1915 and1916 for 12 weeks each time. In 1916 the auto fan packed up under warranty and we were told it would be fixed on our return. Whilst washing the rig before all weather storage I noticed the paint on the top of the nose cone has turned grey.All the emails and methods of contact with dealer have not been acknowledged and it would seem that their backup service is a shambles. be warned , once you are out the gate your forgotten, shame , such a great fifth wheel
- Keith Holland, New Zealand

2017-03-19 2014 Prime Time Crusader 295RST View Listings

Bought this in 2016 used. Took it south in Jan - March 2017. First the gray water valve started leaking. Next the galley valve would not open at all so had to stop using sink and haul it home full of water. Then the bedroom closet slide out wouldn't work! Thank God for you tube we were able to find motor and discovered the screw to hold it in place had broken in half. Called prime time, of course no help because used. We had an 11 year old Jayco before this and never had these issues. DO NOT BUY ONE!!!
- Nckr, Michigan

2016-11-20 2014 Prime Time Crusader 295RST View Listings

Had some problems but were taken care of by the dealer right away. TV/sound system replaced as well as table top three times (warped); however, we have taken it across country twice during the summer and have really enjoyed the floorplan. We also take it hunting twice a year with no problems. Our endcap faded also, but was repainted under warranty in 2016.
- Connie Detweiler, Idaho

2016-10-05 2014 Prime Time Crusader 260RLD View Listings

This is the biggest piece of garbage I ever invested in. I realize things work lose and wear and tear but these problems aren't that. Season 2013 Gouge marks on the underside floor of the dining room slide out. (Warranty dealership fixed) Lump under rubber roof of dining room slide out. (Warranty dealership fixed, roof wasn't thoroughly swept off at manufacturing plant before roof installed) Side storage compartment door latch didn't work. (Warranty dealership fixed) Refrigerator door walnut panel fell off. ( I fixed myself) Season 2014 Dining room table warped. (Warranty dealership ordered another) Season 2015 Warranty expired end of May Table is warped again. I didn't contact dealership because I had it fixed myself in 2016. Bad oxidation of nose cap. Repainted. (dealership helped me get that taken care of, Thankfully no charge) Cabinet doors sticking and rubbing. (Fixed myself) Molding throughout bulging/popping off. (Fixed myself) Season 2016 Closet slide out floor is damaged due to water infiltration. Dining room slide out, outside walls showing water infiltration. Shower stem leaking due to cracked plastic fixture. (fixed myself) Bed hinge screws pulled out of particle board by gas struts because of poor engineering and craftsmanship. Wood screws won't hold over 100lbs of strut force in 3/8 particle board. (Fixed myself using better hinges and made sure screws had something to bite in.) Outside skin rear is separating from vehicle causing bubbles. AC not blowing cold air as of middle of September. -------------------------------------------- I contacted Prime Time with the above list and my frustration. The following is their response: We would like to thank you for your recent E-mail and for being a part of our Prime Time family. Thanks to the valuable input from customers such as yourself we can continue to increase the quality of our line of products and customer satisfaction. Your concern provides us the opportunity to apply due diligence to approaching future issues. Prime Time takes great pride and responsibility in our product, from the production line to the customers who select them, you are a valuable asset to our company. We are sorry that you have had issues with your unit and see that we have in fact honored and stood firmly behind the repairs on the unit within the warranty period. I do show that the warranty period expired on 5/29/2014 therefore Prime Time mfg. will not participate in present nor future warranty repair on the unit. As a valued customer we will continue to provide dealer location,technical support, parts advise, and customer service in the future. Thank You for your letter, concern, patience, and loyalty. This is why PT only offers a ONE year warranty without the option to extend it 3 to 5 years. They know they are producing junk and would go bankrupt fixing anything within a 3 to 5 year time period. Do not buy anything from Prime Time Forest River!
- Joe, Delaware

2016-09-24 2014 Prime Time Crusader 325RES View Listings

Worst trailer ever owned doors warp, curtain Vance fall off tv died sound system died, slide out stuck ripped up floor staples stick out of carpet aircontioner didn't stay cold all in the first 8 weeks we owned it .now the nose is discolerd company will doing nothing many more things bad and the trailer is is less than 3 yrs old. Spend 50,000 and get cow crap should of bought cow crap.,Rep for prime time won't call back he put someone else on it they won't do anything either worst company ever delt with make promises then say they never did when you need something , this company defiantly knows when things will go bad by the time limit they put on warranty . If you want a good trailer by Jayco wish we would have. If you want to be happy don't buy from this company
- Steve Smith, Michigan

2016-08-17 2014 Prime Time Crusader 315RST View Listings

This is my 3rd fiver adn fifth camper. Best one I have ever owned. Had a few problems but all were resolved by the dealer or by me without too much problem. Lived in it for over 2 years and am now using it for vacations and traveling since I retired. Tows great but I do need to add a second AC unit as the one is not enough in the hot summer sun. I would purchase this unit again and I would go to ThreeWay Camper in Marietta, GA to do it. Wonderful dealer and the entire staff is tremendous.
- John Ruff, Florida

2016-08-03 2014 Prime Time Crusader 295RST View Listings

We bought this new in Sept 2013.The rear jacks went quickly on warranty and then again after warranty.Both jacks were full of rust. After some searching found suppliers were changed and BOOT to protect jacks from elements were eliminated and a cheaper supplier found. Jacks have gone again. Major discoloration on nose cone after 1 year and no warranty. Apparently the supplier of these did not put proper gel coat or sim. and ours now looks like it is 10 years old. Gone through 3 tires and have been told the axel is bent and that they put cheap ones on to save a few bucks. Probably not on warranty. Definatly wouldn't buy another
- Randy Gasser, British Columbia

2015-02-07 2014 Prime Time Crusader 295RST View Listings

We love our 295 and the floor plan works very well for us.
- Willy , Newfoundland