2014 Prime Time Avenger 28RKS Travel Trailer Reviews on RV Insider (3)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2014 Prime Time Avenger 28RKS Travel Trailer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Diana Birdsall from Michigan says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2014 Prime Time Avenger 28RKS View Listings

I have a 2014 Avenger prime time, when I went looking for a camper , it was the first one the dealer showed me, I was impressed with the layout, but I should have known when the dealer wouldn't move on and show more , he wanted to sell that unit that day, he finally talked me into it , I paid way to much for it , we should all boycott buying these campers until the prices goes down , I can't even afford to trade this in for better. So many things wrong with this , all little problems , really nothing major , or so i thought . So after 1 year , and keeping it in and indoor storage for the winter , I took it out on the first spring camping trip, I had friends with me , and my friend stepped in the living room area and actually fell through the floor , I was so embarrassed , and thankful that she didn't get injured . Took it to the dealer , it wasn't covered of course , so it was a 5,000 dollar fix , had to replace the whole back end of the floor all the , carpet , it took them for ever , couldn't camp for half of the summer . At first the dealer wouldn't tell me what caused the water damage , couldn't find nothing leaking , tested all the seals , nothing . so they finally told me that the seal around the slide was leaking at the top and the water was running down the the side of the camper and going under the floor . which I don't really believe. I think if this kind of thing happens to a camper it should be covered by the manufacture ,there the ones that didn't install the seal correctly , if they had to pay for these damages , they would build them better .I couldn't even get a lawyer to back me up , to sue them for the damages because they have this all locked in ,and the customer is just screwed .
- Diana Birdsall, Michigan

2019-10-26 2014 Prime Time Avenger 28RKS View Listings

We have owned our avenger camper for about five years. I think this thing has been in the shop at least twice a year. The last time was for the A/C unit going out. I had the extended warranty but it only covers major appliances which the A/C is. It still cost me close to 400 dollars to change it out. It has been in the shop for water leaks and I still have a water leak in the same location. I will be putting it back in the shop as soon as I get back home. Also right about the time my one year bumper to bumper warranty expired I noticed the header beam over the slide out had shifted. The dealership quoted me a price of something like 1200 to 1500 to repair. I personally would not buy a prime time product again. I know our camper is not high end but if you pay over $20,000 for a product you would expect it to be quality and this camper is not. If you are in the market for a camper, choice wisely and read reviews. Just for the record, I am fairly aggressive when it comes to caring for our camper. I wash and condition the roof twice a year. I wash camper about every 3 moths regardless if we use it. I use black spray paint to touch up and rusty spot on under carriage areas. I was out tanks every time it goes out. I keep the A/C on during the summer to prevent high temps on inside of camper (We live in the south, it get hot). My wife and I are the only people to use the camper, our kids are grown. But regardless of the effort I still have put this thing in the shop a lot. Buyers be ware.
- The Smiths/read before buying, Louisiana

2018-03-28 2014 Prime Time Avenger 28RKS View Listings

My wife and I have owned our camper for approx.. four years. Before we drove it off the lot they had to fix the running lights. The first year we took it into the dealer for numerous issues to include wall paneling loose, two times for sewage fumes in trailer and other issues. After the first year we got a water leak. It was coming from the A/C condensate running down the gutter on left hand side and the water migrated into the camper around the down spout. It appeared to be a manufacture defect but they did not cover it and I paid out of pocket. After that I noticed a bulge above my slide out. Took the camper in and they said the header beam had shifted. The beam is only put in with staples. It was a easy fix but costly because they had to remove the siding to get to it. I still haven't repaired this due to the cost of around $1200's. I call the manufacture and they would not cover this. It does not appear to be getting worse so I will live with it awhile. Now, I have my water leak again in the same place as before. I put down some sealant and I hope I fixed it. I need to take it to the shop and have some repairs done on the exterior/water damage but thinking about doing it my self, Plus I have a small water leak at my sewage dump valve, gray water it appears and only when draining. I really like our camper and love the floor plan but I would find it hard to recommend Prime time to anyone. when you pay the money for a camper you should get a quality product.
- David Smith, Louisiana