2014 Heartland Road Warrior Toy Haulers 5th Wheel

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2014 Heartland Road Warrior Toy Haulers 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Russell from Louisiana says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2014 Heartland Road Warrior RW 410 View Listings

It's heavy.. But thats ok.. To big for one person.. And while I'm not completely dissatisfied with it, I am more than a little disappointed with it.. Straight off the lot, the grey water tank from the kitchen area came loose. Trim falling off inside and out.. Air blows thru the windows , closed or not.. Something is happening to the floor covering, i don't know what it is but its rolling up in the middle.. Hydraulic jacks will not level. Paneling for the cabinets is starting to :wrinkle:?.. Although I haven't had electrical issues, the wiring looks like it was pieced together off the shop floor. And now, due to a hail storm in Canada, I have a busted skylight in the washroom over the shower.. Not really a big deal, EXCEPT THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT. I'm going to have to get one custom made?!?!?! This is ridiculous .. If I EVER get rid of this thing.. I will NEVER buy another Heartland product again and I will not recommend one.. I bought this unit new, I am the only person to use it, and I do my best to take care of it.. But the quality is less than poor.. And for the money that is paid for these things, it should be a priority.
- Russell, Louisiana

2019-01-16 2014 Heartland Road Warrior 415 View Listings

This RV has been in my family for 11 years. My parents owned it first for 8, and me and my wife for the last two. Keep in mind, there have been a lot of advances in RVs in the last 11 years, so I think the question becomes having owned a Coachmen for 11 years, would I buy one now? I would not. The floor plan and interior features/amenities are four stars. This is a great unit for two people, with a large queen bed in the back, large kitchen in the front, and reasonable sized slide containing the diner-style dinette. It has central style air, 8 cubic inch fridge, pre-wired surround sound and speakers, two flat-screen mounting points, with the entertainment over dinette, and a fold-out sofa on the other side. There's plenty of closet space, and two entrances. This is a mid-level 'ultralight' - it pulls well even with a mid-sized SUV. It has great road manners, if nothing else. The place where this trailer failed is really in its construction. Around the 8th year of ownership, the floor began failing, with the decking sagging over the studs. While the rest of the unit is aluminum framing, the cage is still prone to flex, with the fiberglass cracking at the corner of the slide-out. The slide-out being not-adequately laminated, developed a large bubble in it. Finally, the linoleum cracked in several spots. Overall the decals and the paint wore fairly well over the last 11 years, and beat expectations. Typical Coachmen low points were the plumbing, which needed to be repaired in several places over the life of the trailer, including behind the toilet, and several connections to the grey tank. Another low point were the flimsy plastic wheel wells. I had a blow out which easily ripped through one, puncturing an area that actually was accessible inside the trailer (under the dinette storage). The cabinets and countertops are holding up, but the decking for the bed had to be replaced with plywood. The roof held up, with regular maintenance. On the exterior of the unit, there is decent pass through storage in the front, but no other storage. My biggest gripe is with the lack of central docking, and the sheer distance between black and grey outlets, which was not well thought out. The bang for the buck is not great. There are no exterior speakers, no outside kitchen, no power stabilizers, no power tongue jack, no aluminum steps. There is a regular awning. Generally this trailer was built to be light, and within a certain price point. It did that well, but it certainly wasn't built to last much longer than 10 years, which is why I wouldn't buy another Coachmen. Amenities and features did make sense for the price point, but construction did not line up with expectations. If you are shopping this trailer used, I wouldn't exclude it entirely. If the roof has recently been maintained, there are no bubbles/cracks in the laminated walls, this is a good sign. As well, check plumbing fittings for leaks. Check the underside of the slide which is not laminated for any weathering or water damage. Finally, check the floor for soft or sagging spots. If all of that is good, you're probably okay to buy. I will say that in terms of mechanical systems and appliances (slide, a/c, furnace, stove/oven, fridge, electrical systems, water pump, water heater) we had no failures or no issues requiring anything other than regular seasonal maintenance. The major benefit of this unit is that it can be towed with a mid-sized SUV (like an Explorer) with no issue, and still has a slide, reasonable interior space, most of the amenities of larger/heavier RVs, and sleeps 6.
- Ryan, Alberta

2018-12-17 2014 Heartland Road Warrior 415 View Listings

I have owned this RV for 5 years and loved it. The floor plan is great, very spacious, excellent storage. The pantry is amazingly huge, enough kitchen storage for all dishes, utensils, food, you name it. The bedroom works well, queen sized bed, it also has a 4 drawer dresser, washer and dryer, and good sized closet big enough to hang up plenty of clothes. There is a Onan generator that is strong enough to power the entire unit and all air conditioners. The fire place in the living room will keep you warm while your watching TV on the 50 inch HD smart TV and Sony surround sound. The RV tows like a dream, I'm sure most of that has to do with the F350 Dually I drive but the rv tows easy. It makes big turns but that's to be expected with a 44 foot rig with triple axles. I love the garage space because of its versatility. The back doors open and turn into a deck with fencing that is perfect to enjoy the outside. I would recommend this RV and model to anyone.
- Jeffrey Morris, Alabama