2008 Tiffin Phaeton Class A - Diesel Reviews on RV Insider (10)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2008 Tiffin Phaeton Class A - Diesel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Don Leben from British Columbia says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2008 Tiffin Phaeton 36QSH View Listings

Very first RV we owned - bought new. Drove from British Columbia to Newfoundland, down to California and across to Florida. Spent as much as 4 months at a time living in the RV. Pulled into an RV park, put down the jacks, put out the slides, hooked up water, electricity, sewer, cable TV and 20 minutes later sitting outside having a beer - this is living. FANTASTIC support from the manufacturer (Tiffin) being neophytes, we had lots of questions but Tiffin was always there to help. Very easy to drive/park. Backup camera and side cameras as well as the wing mirrors mean I can back into a slot within a few inches of where I want to be.
- Don Leben, British Columbia

2020-04-06 2008 Tiffin Phaeton 40QSH View Listings

We have the same model except no fireplace. We had to replace the Norcold Refrigerator two years ago and the back end floor had to be lifted. Tiffin did it because it was a recall and done under the time frame. We love this unit!
- Freddy Ridout, Virginia

2019-07-15 2008 Tiffin Phaeton 42QRH View Listings

Overall 4 stars. Tiffin quality great. love spartan chassis and tag axle. Hurricane Michael battered her beyond repair, and we're shopping for another Tiffin. that should say quite a bit about our experience.
- David Boyd, Florida

2019-02-07 2008 Tiffin Phaeton 36QSH View Listings

I researched for 2 years prior to buying our Diesel pusher motorhome, and found that for 'average' RVing, either part time or full time, that the Phaeton fit the bill. For those that want extreme 'fanciness' Tiffin has those as well, you just pay more for them. It came down to Tiffin or Newmar, and I didn't like the all heat vents in the floor, over the Tiffin which just had one in the bedroom, and the rest along the sides. We've only owned our unit for a year, but did have to go to the U.S., as there where very few if any in this coach 'length' as we're able to park it in our driveway, plus has all the room we could ever want with the 4 slides. I feel that maintenance is the mainstay with regard to owning a trouble free unit, as I do much of my own, other than I recently had a full service, and was a little astonished as to the cost here in Canada! I had a Fumoto valve installed where the oil drain plug was, so I can drain my own oil, a gallon at a time...where I can start/stop the old oil flow as I wish, and once empty - refill it with new oil myself. I also will change all filters from here on in, thus cutting down on some of the expense. This motorhome is a breeze to drive, the seats are extremely comfortable, and we love coming back to that comfort while away after being gone for the day. It can be a big job washing and waxing these units, but there is lots to be proud of once you sit back with a drink after all the hard work!
- Dale Watkins, British Columbia

2018-08-14 2008 Tiffin Phaeton 40QSH View Listings

We thoroughly enjoyed our usage of the Phaeton RV. Very comfortable riding in super comfy chairs. The Sleep Number Mattress is a joy. We added slides to the underside which made finding the things we needed incredibly easy. Will miss our trips. Fun way to travel
- Jimmie Peer, Texas

2018-07-27 2008 Tiffin Phaeton 42QRH View Listings

Over all quality is very good. I have had four motorhomes and this one is the easiest to drive. Very stable on the highway even in wind conditions. The 360 Cummins does a good job, I tow a 2015 GMC Acadia approx 5000 lbs and no problem at all.The air conditioning keeps up well in hot conditions as well.One big thing for me is the help you recieve from Tiffin if required. They actually answer the phone in a timely manor. WOW.
- BRIAN KIRKHAM, British Columbia

2018-01-14 2008 Tiffin Phaeton 40QSH View Listings

Kitchen slide out sags, noticable misalignment of overhead cabinet doors. Kitchen sink glued under counter with minimal support, fell in. Counter workspace slide fell apart. Electric levelers (Atwood Levelegs), major nightmare, replaced system only to have three new legs fail over the course of three years.
- Joe Engolia, Florida

2017-03-23 2008 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH View Listings

We purchased our Tiffin used 3 1/2 years ago. We have had a couple items relating to design flaws. I refer to these flaws as items, because you would not know you had the flaw without talking to Customer Service or other owners. Tiffin's Customer Service is the best! They fix flaws that you do not even know you had at no charge on a 5 year old coach for the second owner. This is our first Tiffin. Prior to this coach we had a Class A gas Winnebago and a Class A Diesel Winnebago. The Tiffin is a much better coach in our opinion. The ride, power, storage space and storage trays to name a few things. You would not know you are pulling a car!
- Charlie, New York

2016-08-30 2008 Tiffin Phaeton 36QSH View Listings

I have owned 7 rvs and this Mfg is the best for an overall trouble free MOTORHOME/RV EXPERIENCE that you could have. The unit comes loaded with every convenience you could want. It drives well and you do not end the day tired and worn out.
- Roger BURGESS, Washington

2014-12-15 2008 Tiffin Phaeton 36QSH View Listings

This RV has been very dependable. Have made one trip to Alaska without any problem. If I was buying another motor home it would be just like this one. I love the size and floor plan
- Jerry Rhame, Texas