2003 Fleetwood Southwind Class A - Gas Reviews on RV Insider (4)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2003 Fleetwood Southwind Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Ed from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2003 Fleetwood Southwind 32V View Listings

The longest trip we took with this rig was Oct 2012 when we went to Yellowstone, The Tetons, Jackson Hole, Brice canyon, and Zion. Three weeks and 2700 miles with no problems. We did towed our 2008 Tacoma so that we had wheels to visit areas that we visited. We had a great time, only thing that it went by fast. This is a great first time rig to get into. Its 32ft 11 inches long and very comfortable to drive. Well maintenance and all warranties completed. The reason we are selling is that we are in the process to upgrade to a newer and larger rig. Call me to view our rig and see for yourself how well maintain we keep it.
- Ed , California

2020-01-10 2003 Fleetwood Southwind 36E View Listings

I bought this RV from the original owner which made me the second owner. To me, this is the best floor plan Fleetwood has ever made on a RV with just 2 slides. The bedroom slide, is the whole bedroom, not just the bed like so many of them are. You don't feel like you are crawling up in a hole when you are going to bed. It has what I think is the largest shower in a gas RV under 38 feet long. The V10 engine has plenty of power. The 4 door refrigerator/freezer has more than enough room. This Southwind was the top of the line in the gas RVs from Fleetwood in 2003. The interior colors are very pleasing unlike some of the gaudy color interiors that they came out with.
- Mark Harrison, Georgia

2018-08-29 2003 Fleetwood Southwind 32VS View Listings

Have owned 3 Class A motorhomes. This one is almost like driving a car, lots of power, good braking power. Very strong drive train. Decent gas mileage. Good floor plan for a 32 footer. Have liked this unit very much, has required little maintenance, live in for 3 months each winter and is comfortable.
- G Wallace, British Columbia

2014-12-30 2003 Fleetwood Southwind 32V View Listings

I experienced problems because the dealer, McMahons RV in Colton, CA did not properly prepare the motorhome for the road. The front end was almost 1 inch out of alignment, wore out two new tires on the trip home to Alabama, the black water had not been emptied, the clear coat pealed with a few months. I called the deler and was assured some would get back with me. But since I live in Alabama, out of sight out of mind. I really like the motorhome.
- Robert Bashor, Alabama