2002 Winnebago Journey DL 39QD Class A - Diesel

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2002 Winnebago Journey DL 39QD Class A - Diesel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Chad Hosmer from South Carolina says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2002 Winnebago Journey DL 39QD View Listings

My wife and I sold our home and decided to live full time in a motorhome. We looked at most brands and fell in love with the Winnebago Journey. The floor plan was perfect and the quality was top notch. I was a maintenance mechanic for a major chemical plant for 28 years so I really inspected the mechanical parts of the motorhome. I was very impressed with how heavy duty everything was built. We have been living in it for three years now and the motorhome has been great! I have found that the worst thing you can do when owning one of these Journey's is to let it sit and not be driven. The only time we stayed in one spot for several months. I did not use any fuel stabiliser and algae grew in the diesel fuel and clogged up the fuel filter. Thankfully I had stored extra filters on board and spending 20 minutes replacing it we were riding strong again. That was not a quality issue however with the Winnebago, this was my fault. The motorhome is built on a custom Freightliner chassis and a very strong Caterpillar Diesel engine that will last for many hundred thousand miles. When I first bought it I thought that it was going to be hard to drive. I was wrong about that for sure. I found out that it was easy to drive and very safe with having ABS and the engine brake. Even pulling a car dolly with a 2005 Ford Five Hundred ( which is a four door full size car) was a breeze. I feel very confident behind the wheel, even at 80 miles an hour. It handles great! Winnebago really hit a home run with this motorhome. One thing that you realize when driving the Journey is how quiet it is at highway speeds. It has no rattles or vibrations and rides so smooth. It reminds me of when I would ride in my fathers 1974 Ford Grand Torino Elite. Like riding on a cloud of air. Honestly there is not one thing that I can think of that Winnebago could have improved on with this motorhome. There are some class A builders out there that do make a beautiful motorhome. However now when I look at them and living in a quality built Winnebago, I can see how cheaply they are built. In the future if I ever buy another motorhome, it will be a Winnebago Journey.
- Chad Hosmer, South Carolina

2020-06-01 2002 Winnebago Journey DL 39QD View Listings

I have owned my 2002 winnebago journey Dl 39qd for almost 4 years and three of them my wife and I lived in it. We did a good bit of traveling and I loved every mile of driving this winnebago. All I can say is nothing but good things about our winnebago journey. The driveline on it is heavy duty and its ride is so comfortable. Buying this motorhome was a good investment and I would buy another one.
- Chad hosmer, South Carolina