2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor Class A - Diesel Reviews on RV Insider (8)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor Class A - Diesel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

James K. Brantley from South Carolina says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38CDD View Listings

I have owned this vehicle for nine years. I have had no problems in the operation or livability. I belong to two travel clubs (H/R & Retired Military). Everyone has complemented me on how well the vehicle looks. Good reliable RV.
- James K. Brantley, South Carolina

2020-05-05 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38WDD View Listings

Best thing we have ever purchased. Classy, quality and could easily live in it. It drives so nicely and even pulls our bass boat. The light wood and light floors make it cheery and the bathroom is full size and floor plan in perfect. We have actually 8 inside it!
- Quincy Burns, Washington

2020-04-22 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38CDS View Listings

I've had various motorhomes and trailers over the years, but my Endeavor was by far my favorite to date. I owned my Endeavor for over 6 trouble free years. Holiday Rambler had an excellent reputation and it showed throughout my ownership. You just can't beat a diesel pusher for power, braking, and overall road manners. I wish I could have kept it, but my hobbies demanded a longer trailer which put me over legal length. Hard to go backwards after you've had the best!!
- Andrew, Washington

2019-08-21 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38WDD View Listings

Choosing a diesel vs a gas motorhome should be based on various factors including where you are likely to vacation. The diesel one will let you climb mountains with ease and get you down the other side with ease using the air brakes. Diesel motorhomes are quieter to drive and give better fuel economy and they have more torque than the gas models, giving impressive towing capabilities. They also have a much longer life if they are maintained. The Endeavor has a better turning radius than most motorhomes. If you are a snowbird or are planning a longer vacation, you will find that the additional space provided in a larger unit will make for a more pleasant experience, giving each person more personal space. When the slide outs are retracted, some RV's loose important facilities such as the bathroom, bedroom or refrigerators. This becomes inconvenient such as when you stop at rest areas or non camping sites. Our RV only looses the ability to access a few drawers in the bedroom. All other areas are fully accessible. This aspect is often overlooked when selecting an RV. The patio awning is not able to be very large if there are slide outs in that side of the RV. The Holiday Rambler Endeavor is the model that gives you "the most bang for your buck" according to the manufacturer as it has all the components of the luxury line.
- Katharine MacLean, Ontario

2018-12-07 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38CDS View Listings

Excellent quality of house construction materials, 18 years old and still a quieter ride than some of the newer units driven. Solid ride, very good to drive, comfortable on the rode and at camp. Did need to install a battery carrier for easier maintenance access and move the the washer / dryer combo up off of the floor for maintenance and ease of use. If this unit had another opposing super slide on the passenger side of the living area it would be about perfect.
- Martin Waggoner, Florida

2017-05-08 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 35WDS View Listings

My wife and I purchased our Endeavor 35WDS used in 2016 after shopping for a year and checking reviews. We decided on the HR diesel pusher for our first class "A" because of the excellent reviews, brand history, service record, build and equipment quality (solid wood cabinets and a welded tube aluminum house), quiet ride and excellent driving characteristics. We purchased this unit with 100,000 miles and it's still more quiet going down the road than all the newer coaches we've been in. And this drives like a high quality truck! No jerks, shimmy, rattles, "drifting", wind noise, we drive down the road and have regular conversation. When we decide to full time and trade up to a multiple slide, longer unit, we're sure going to look at HR first.
- Martn Waggoner, Florida

2015-02-08 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38CDS View Listings

Excellent vehicle.
- James K Brantley, South Carolina

2014-12-29 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38CDS View Listings

This is an excellent vehicle to drive and tow. An upgraded engine (fr 300 to 330hp diesel) adds a little extra power. All systems are durable and require just regular maintenance. Would recommend this make and model without hesitation.
- James K. Brantley, South Carolina