1988 Fleetwood Southwind Class A - Gas Reviews on RV Insider (1)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 1988 Fleetwood Southwind Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

T Lee Horne III from North Carolina says:

1988 Fleetwood Southwind Class A - Gas By Model

• 241 Review

Voted Most Helpful Review 1988 Fleetwood Southwind 24 View Listings

I bought it used in 2004. It was in rough shape nothing serious just a host of little things needed attention. I didn't pay much for it. Through the years I have enjoyed playing with it. Because I bought it cheap, I was able to afford to "make it mine". I removed the stove and installed an all in one washer-dryer combo. I love being able to start the wash and have the clothes dry when I get back to camp. I rebuilt all the drawers so they were fully the depth of the hole. I lined the closet in ceder. I changed out the old overhead A/C to a much newer high efficiency A/C. Installed a Banks air intake and exhaust system. Added a constant voltage transformer. And innumerable little system upgrades to the engine fuel and ignition systems. I now have 247,000 miles on it. I still get 12 MPG highway at 55 mph.
- T Lee Horne III, North Carolina